Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fidelma Healy Eames' train ticket scandal

191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Robbo wrote: »
    Just a quick reminder that you can all legitimately cancel your Interflora orders for Sunday, on account of the gays, there will be no Mother's Day. Fidelma has it on good authority.

/throws Mother's Day card in the fire (but eats the chocs)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Fidelma has left the building.. No more contesting elections !

She has announced her retirement from politics.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

As usual her press release is deluded indicating that she is choosing to give up her seat. The only reason she got it in the first place is because she was with fine Gael. She hadn't a hope in hell getting back in

http://www.galwayindependent.com/news/topics/articles/2016/03/16/4116380-healy-eames-opts-out-of-seanad-election/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Goodbye and good riddance. Don't let the door hit you on the way out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

As usual her press release is deluded indicating that she is choosing to give up her seat. The only reason she got it in the first place is because she was with fine Gael. She hadn't a hope in hell getting back in

http://www.galwayindependent.com/news/topics/articles/2016/03/16/4116380-healy-eames-opts-out-of-seanad-election/

Am as far from a fan as you can get, but I don't see the above in her statement at all.
    She has decided not to run, that's pretty much all it says.
    Nowhere in that statement does she refer to "her seat".

To be honest, she probably saw the writing on the wall and has decided best to get out now than waste more money on an unsuccessful campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I think she mentioned about going back to teaching before. I think I would rather her in the Seanad were her power is limited than having the opportunity to teach children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

bye

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

mansize wrote: »
    bye

She'll be back. Next local elections are 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

Some great comments on the Journal.ie article covering her sabbatical from public life.....

"One of Ireland’s most colourful senators is retiring from politics"
    http://jrnl.ie/2663695

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

The state of Irish politics actually got a boost today, for once! :D

☀️ 7.8kWp ⚡3.6kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭motley

She's back! On Cutting Edge on Rte tonight for some reason. The first step towards a bid for the Aras??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Ludikrus

Wiffy just said the current pope 'is sexiest pope ever' on rte's cutting edge. She hasn't gone away you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Saw part of Cutting Edge.
    FDE and the other lady were OK compared to the loud eejit in the fancy jacket.
    That lad sure has a great welcome for himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

motley wrote: »
    She's back! On Cutting Edge on Rte tonight for some reason. The first step towards a bid for the Aras??

...is there a cleaning job going in the Áras? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

pjmn wrote: »
    ...is there a cleaning job going in the Áras? ;)

Don't encourage her.
    I don't think I could cope with Fidelma introducing herself as the Aras Toilet Scrubber representative for Galway West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread moved to Politics.
    Please read their charter before posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

motley wrote: »

I hope she runs, and I'd urge anybody who meets her to encourage her to run.

The satisfaction of watching her crash and burn at the polls will be immense.

Advertisement