Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fidelma Healy Eames' train ticket scandal

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

cats.life wrote: »
    last time she was in court was in the summer.

Never mind her next court appearance. Where is she going next summer at the taxpayers expense.??? Remember this quote of hers hardly a wet week ago. :)

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/fidelma-healy-eames-they-are-making-out-like-i-am-totally-materialistic-that-im-on-a-gravy-train-3203574.html
    "you had to hold your mouth closed while someone washed your hair "
    "We start at 8 in the morning and don't finish until 5 or 6. That's a lot more work than a day at home"

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

biko wrote: »
    Try to use a more civil tone folks, I'm sure you have the vocabulary.

Civil tones in relation to that woman?
    Are you having a laugh? That woman is despicable a greedy, self serving politician stuffed full of her own importance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

i'll second that and go so far as to say she got away light enough with a tongue lashing tbf

if this had happened to a joe soap on the streets and ya caught judge Mary on one of her good days, ya may well not be driving his car for a few years and may even do a few months inside to think about what you done

am i wrong?

It would be unusual to be jailed for failing to pay car tax, unless there were a series of offences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

she should be charged for being a very painfull person,,she talks some ,if she is so much hated why did people vote for her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

cats.life wrote: »
    she should be charged for being a very painfull person,,she talks some ,if she is so much hated why did people vote for her?

... that's my earlier point - we didn't vote for the twat - Inda stuck her in the Seanad...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

biko wrote: »
    Try to use a more civil tone folks, I'm sure you have the vocabulary.
    Well to be fair she's an attractive enough woman. Not sure why she isn't in Fianna Fail. Seems to fit all the critieria.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Funkygreendogs

Never trust a big butt and a smile,
    That girl is poison...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUSzPu0nZoQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

bluecode wrote: »
    Well to be fair she's an attractive enough woman. Not sure why she isn't in Fianna Fail. Seems to fit all the critieria.

Yeah, if you're Stevie Wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Guys, I think we should confine our remarks to this lady's behaviour and her political future.

I think it is wrong to comment on ladies' appearances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

nuac wrote: »
    Guys, I think we should confine our remarks to this lady's behaviour and her political future.

I think it is wrong to comment on ladies' appearances

They all have lovely tax evading bottoms...........

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Fidelma is off to search for the truth.
    It is not taxpayer funded, but by an Irish pro-life group.
    Several FG members of the Oireachtas who are opposed to the government’s plan to legislate for abortion are flying to the US on a “fact-finding mission” paid for by a pro-life group.
    Senators Fidelma Healy Eames and Paul Bradford have confirmed they will be on the trip organised by Family & Life to coincide with St Patrick’s Day.
    Healy Eames revealed Family & Life will pay for the trip to New York and Washington, which she said was “a search for truth”. http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/ireland/article1224422.ece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

snubbleste wrote: »
    [SIZE="1"]Several FG members of the Oireachtas who are opposed to the government’s plan to legislate for abortion are flying to the US on a “fact-finding mission” paid for by a pro-life group.
    Senators Fidelma Healy Eames and Paul Bradford have confirmed they will be on the trip organised by Family & Life to coincide with St Patrick’s Day.
    Healy Eames revealed Family & Life will pay for the trip to New York and Washington, which she said was “a search for truth”. http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/ireland/article1224422.ece[/SIZE]

I wonder if the truth was in Gort would she be so keen to go?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Of course, Fidelma would go anywhere to search for the truth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Ludikrus

I wonder if the truth was in Gort would she be so keen to go?

As long as she doesn't have to get there under her own steam, fidelma will go wherever the truth needs her!

snubbleste wrote: »
    Several FG members of the Oireachtas who are opposed to the government’s plan to legislate for abortion are flying to the US on a “fact-finding mission” paid for by a pro-life group.
    Healy Eames revealed Family & Life will pay for the trip to New York and Washington, which she said was “a search for truth”. http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/ireland/article1224422.ece

* fits an electronic chip which prevents abortion in every woman of child bearing age, and also prevents them from playing video games for more than an hour at a stretch.

Is she bringing the husband so they can 'get away' at some stage???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

When is this country going to wake up and stop wasting millions on mé-féin "politicians" like Healy Screams? She is a complete disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Perhaps Fidelma has confused the US with the UK. After all, 4,000 Irish women in crisis go to the UK every year.

But of course 'Family & Life' won't pay Fidelma to go to the UK, to see yet another example of how the Irish conveniently export our 'problems' ... or brush them under the carpet.

Disgraceful that a group like this can pay to lobby Irish "politicians"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Fidelma really is on the pigs back with that job of hers

• Advertisement

Nothing aout that woman suprises me any more.
    I hope she faces the electorate next time out so that we can vote on her performance to date.
    I also hope that the Seanad is abolished so that she can't get another free ride for 4/5 years.
    That is the most sickening thing about her really she's never been elected by the people to go to Dublin just by some opaque voting system which in effect acts like a sefety net for people who fail to get elected as a T.D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I read that article on Sunday and thought the title wasn't really objective- "jet off" makes it sound like a fun-filled holiday.

the fact is "the truth" is here...right here, there is no need to go abroad to find it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

dinneenp wrote: »
    I read that article on Sunday and thought the title wasn't really objective- "jet off" makes it sound like a fun-filled holiday.

Indeed - it's hard to find a commercial airline that would fly to major destinations using planes that don't have jet engines.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Delma's been doing us proud in the Kneejerk Legislative Response to Media Furore Oireachteas Committee To Sort out Internet Bullying.

Choice Fidelma Quote: "Fraping: When you're raped on Facebook"

Robbo wrote: »
    Delma's been doing us proud in the Kneejerk Legislative Response to Media Furore Oireachteas Committee To Sort out Internet Bullying.

That is too funny! What next gang fraping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Painful viewing;

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/03/06/fidelma-the-frape-tape/

Fraping and sexting.....

helen-lovejoy.jpg

Robbo wrote: »

Probably followed by an unwanted fregnancy......... then all the kids will think it is grounds for fabortions.

Remember folks, this lady could not get elected in Galway, yet Enda Kenny, our leader, put her into the senate.

mikom wrote: »
    Remember folks, this lady could not get elected in Galway, yet Enda Kenny, our leader, put her into the senate.

This is incorrect, she was put in there by councillors not by Enda.

Sponge Bob wrote: »

My apologies.
    She came through as part of the labour panel (the other boys in power).
    I believe Enda put forward Eamon Coughlan, who said...... people should have to register their passport or credit card before being allowed online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

that was the hardest thing ive ever watched

• Advertisement

That's f*****g priceless.
    What a woman she'd be worse than any FF lad ever was if she got half the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

mikom wrote: »
    Probably followed by an unwanted fregnancy......... then all the kids will think it is grounds for fabortions.

Niall Ó Brolcháin, Lorraine Higgins... The Seanad is a runner up prize for General Election losers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Saw this on a friend's Facebook page. :D

fidelma.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Fidemla Healy Memes...

542606_527342427007_1721486950_n.jpg

Also pinched from someones FB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Sponge Bob wrote: »

True, Sponge Bob,

After holding up the count in Galway West for a few days, because she wasn't happy with the verdict of the people, she embarked on a tour of councillors around the country to get "elected" to the Upper House even though the people of Galway West didn't want her in the Dail.

Democracy, Irish style.

Since her 'election' she's been caught taking the train without a ticket, driving her car without tax, in Court over a row for not paying a builder, bringing her husband on an African junket, and letting a 'pro-life' group fund a 'fact-finding trip to the US for her.

So glad we (didn't) elect her.

But I shouldn''t say any of this because that's on-line bullying. And she seems to know a lot about that, while she's doing such a good job representing 'us' up in the Seanad.

Good job we all live in a parallel universe.

celty wrote: »
    True, Sponge Bob,

After holding up the count in Galway West for a few days, because she wasn't happy with the verdict of the people, she embarked on a tour of councillors around the country to get "elected" to the Upper House even though the people of Galway West didn't want her in the Dail.

Democracy, Irish style.

Since her 'election' she's been caught taking the train without a ticket, driving her car without tax, in Court over a row for not paying a builder, bringing her husband on an African junket, and letting a 'pro-life' group fund a 'fact-finding trip to the US for her.

So glad we (didn't) elect her.

But I shouldn''t say any of this because that's on-line bullying. And she seems to know a lot about that, while she's doing such a good job representing 'us' up in the Seanad.

Good job we all live in a parallel universe.
    Yeah it really is some life she has from that job..I'd say her main problem is her google search results are a catastrophe

celty wrote: »

But I shouldn''t say any of this because that's on-line bullying.

I think you left out one there, I posted a streetview of her garage in this very forum and if you google just a tad you might revise that list above. Google are obviously bullies I will concede, Oh! and Boo Google Hiss. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Would you look at the naughty come-hither gaze she's slipping oul' Rabbite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

c_man wrote: »
    Niall Ó Brolcháin, Lorraine Higgins... The Seanad is a runner up prize for General Election losers.

In fairness that was Lorraine Higgins's (no relation to the muppet in the aras) first election, so it's worth giving her a shot at the senate to see if she has anything to offer.

There were two reasons for her getting that seat:

1) She got Colm Keaveney elected (which Labour will now be think is a bad thing) as he was next lowest to Higgins when she got eliminated. Higgins's transfers put Keaveney into 4th, which he never lost.

2) The vast majority of Labour seats are in areas that have fairly large urban infulences and the Dublin commuter belt. This move, if it pays off, shows rural Ireland that Labour aren't a shower of townies.

The only reason FHE has a seat in the senate after her performance during the count has to be the quota of female candidates (don't know if it's in yet, but is being proposed). They can't afford to get rid of her yet, so it wouldn't surprise me if the government councillors were told to get her back in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Heard her on Matt Cooper yesterday.

She really hasn't a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Check out youtube.com/finalbossmedia for fidelmas definition of FRAPING from the Oireachtas report on Social Media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

that is brilliant. thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

jamesdiver wrote: »
    that is brilliant. thank you

Fidelma needs no help, she writes this stuff herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

This woman is deluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Love Peter and Chris! :D

She has no idea what she's talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Funkygreendogs

Sure jaysus Eamon couldn't we look up the "I.P.E Addrress" of yer man in Uganda that lost all the money that time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

What a dose she is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Sometimes I wonder if she's going to come clean and admit her entire career has been a satirical quest to highlight the inadequacies of the Irish political system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

That video is brilliant!
    I actually laughed out loud when they showed the words "hairy cocks" typed onto her facebook page! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Advertisement