Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sooooooooo.....

• 02-08-2012 2:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭

How abouts we get this "irish" guild craic up and running ontime for MoP?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Recession lads, its on! no one can afford it! my girlf used to play all the time, but id rather spend the money on a dress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

X-dress much? :p

Akarinn wrote: »
    X-dress much? :p

gooby pls, im les lol i like girls lyk me lol

Ah nice.. we gots somethin in common...

I like girls too :D

Ah nice.. we gots somethin in common...

I like girls too :D

Are yu les too gooby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

How abouts we get this "irish" guild craic up and running ontime for MoP?

When has this ever worked, in the like 6-8 years I've been reading this forum?

:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It works great...for about 12 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

TheDoc wrote: »
    When has this ever worked, in the like 6-8 years I've been reading this forum?

:)
    Kiith wrote: »
    It works great...for about 12 hours.

Aaaaaand I'll add a third vote here. Tried it in WotLK and it didn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Pity couldnt have Realid "groups" :( , coulda been the start of sumfin :P

Im sorry, but why wouldnt this work?

Are u guys just not into raiding?

Or are you guys jsut to lazy/pure to move server?

Or... whats the dealio?

• Advertisement

Bitta £ to move servers -.- . And it has been tried a few times before on here with no/little success afaik.
    Dunno reasons why exactly since didnt transfer myself as ppl said prob fail, some stopped playing, some too elitist or casual etc
    Then if in a decent raiding guild already, chances are people dont wanna risk it to go into the unknown.

Berns wrote: »
    Bitta £ to move servers -.- . And it has been tried a few times before on here with no/little success afaik.
    Dunno reasons why exactly since didnt transfer myself as ppl said prob fail, some stopped playing, some too elitist or casual etc
    Then if in a decent raiding guild already, chances are people dont wanna risk it to go into the unknown.

Yup.

Aswell as people overagerating their ability big style, and looking to be carried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

It never works because of numbers but not in the traditional sense, you will get many people but all at different skill level and not enough to do the different activities a guild can do well.

You could build a guild with an Irish core but you need other nationalities to be in the guild to make stuff happen, that way you could have a casual section and a more serious section.

I see what your saying alright..

But have we not seen Swedish and Polish guilds that work without any problems?

Like, tbh.. i wouldn see any problem with just an Irish/British guild..

For once tho, id like to be in localized guild.. yeno? Tight-nit group of ppl...

Also, instead of me making a new thread...

Just wondering can you pre-download MoP b4 release date? As in a week b4 with the client.. But obv your not allowed play it..

If so, might just buy digital version and play the minute its released.. Iv never digitaly downloaded a game.. But if i can download it a week in advance then i wouldnt mind buying digital.

||ANSWERED||

Never mind.. Found a Blue-post
    *When you pre-purchase World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, you will be able to download an encrypted version of the game once it’s available, prior to the game’s release. This content will be unlocked and available for play when the expansion launches on September 25, 2012.

Shweeet.. Digital version it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

I'm really trying to hold off of going back to WoW...its been so long. If we all agree on a server I'd be willing to start a character from scratch for the hell of it! Damn the naysayers!

Id be the same.. but id pay some cash to transfer a char over..

But I REFUSE to play on outlands.. due to the wait times that are gonna come into place when MoP hits...

So would anybody be willing to move maybe 1 Character to a new Server, and never mind the whole "irish guild" thing i suppose.

Maybe we just all join the same guild thats already in full swing on that server. I think it would bring a bitta fun back into the game for us all, no?
    For me I would find it pretty cool to finally get to play without everyone who talks on this forum.

Some1 suggest a server that doesnt have long que times, but still has..

a) Decently populated server
    b) A decent raiding scene
    c) A good balance between Horde/Alliance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Some1 suggest a server that doesnt have long que times, but still has..

a) Decently populated server
    b) A decent raiding scene
    c) A good balance between Horde/Alliance

The only realm I am aware of that completely meets your ABC requirements is Outland, full server, great progression on both sides and an almost 1:1 ratio which drives WPVP. Problem is it will have a long queue at launch, that will drop after a month or so. Numerous ways around a queue though so it shouldn't be an issue.

I know a few people on Ravencrest as well actually, good pop, decent raiding scene, no idea of the balance though.

Dunno but ....... maybe a idea to set up some sorta realid thing, like is some openraid thing a few people have heard mention that does old raids. Might be a bit of incentive to get ppl playin together before move a character over. Our server sucks for pugs like but multiple toons, am sure could move a alt if thought it would work. Just a thought

• Advertisement

Really wish more ppl just even looked in on the forum from time to time..

But anybody willing to move to a server such as Ravencrest .. raise your hand and say " i "

**Raises hand and says I**
    Dunno but ....... maybe a idea to set up some sorta realid thing, like is some openraid thing a few people have heard mention that does old raids. Might be a bit of incentive to get ppl playin together before move a character over

Thats a good idea, but being on a public forum and openly telling ppl my battlenet ID isnt exactly a plan.. :-/
    If only there was another way..

**Looks to a moderator for more idea's** >.>

Might be a option with this battletag thing when they bring it into wow. Make a list and add ppl or something along that.

Thats a plan alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

I am some one coming back to wow very shortly.

I played on ghost lands horde and myself and 3 or 4 others from Kilkenny have a small social guild. Some of us have other characters on a different realm we plan to raid on but if you guy's plan on leveling an alt or moving one of your characters we'd welcome people with arms open. Hoping to get out own vent soon too. With our experience of playing since TBC and our different characters we might even start a 10 man team for lolz.

But yeah the idea is just a small group of friends who get along well and will help each other out be it PVE/PVP/Questing etc..

I am some one coming back to wow very shortly.

I played on ghost lands horde and myself and 3 or 4 others from Kilkenny have a small social guild. Some of us have other characters on a different realm we plan to raid on but if you guy's plan on leveling an alt or moving one of your characters we'd welcome people with arms open. Hoping to get out own vent soon too. With our experience of playing since TBC and our different characters we might even start a 10 man team for lolz.

But yeah the idea is just a small group of friends who get along well and will help each other out be it PVE/PVP/Questing etc..

What server are you planning on raiding on so?

Like seriously.. the game is less then a month away.
    Even if we dont all move server straight away,

Lets all Vote on a server to make alts on, or transfer an alt too..

We have:

Ravencrest
    Ghostlands
    Shadowsong - Decent Pop with good PVE/PVP

someone else add another if you want..

We go to this server, find a guild that has open recruitment and all join and lvl and try and raid togther..
    Or go to the server with L85's/90 and make our own little guild that we can raid with whenever.. keep your mains on your own server so u can really proggress with whatever guild you are with!

I have 2 other mates that are willing to move as soon as MoP hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Im on Zenedar.

Huge Horde population, f*** all Alliance. Good raiding scene.

That being said i have no interest of moving to another realm, and as stated before this "Irish" guild thing doesnt work for very long.... Been tried enough times to know that it doesnt work.
    Paying € for something that is going to fall apart after a few weeks just isnt worth it imo.

Shougeki wrote: »
    Im on Zenedar.

Huge Horde population, f*** all Alliance. Good raiding scene.

That being said i have no interest of moving to another realm, and as stated before this "Irish" guild thing doesnt work for very long.... Been tried enough times to know that it doesnt work.
    Paying € for something that is going to fall apart after a few weeks just isnt worth it imo.

I've a few make shifts alts there on horde actually, been struggling to bother levelling them, keep hearing raiding scene is good though

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've a few make shifts alts there on horde actually, been struggling to bother levelling them, keep hearing raiding scene is good though

Yeah, Horde raiding is great there, but as I said there is no alliance. They struggle to get enough for a PUG, Horde PUG fills in a few mins.

We also had a guild ranked 19th [Angered] with us, but they disbanded a month or so ago.

I like the Horde there, like my guild [from all over europe] and enjoy playing there. But i dont log in much at the moment as there is nothing left to do.

If you need anything when you are on an alt, gimme a holler. Name Shougeki obviously enough....

Shougeki wrote: »
    Yeah, Horde raiding is great there, but as I said there is no alliance. They struggle to get enough for a PUG, Horde PUG fills in a few mins.

We also had a guild ranked 19th [Angered] with us, but they disbanded a month or so ago.

I like the Horde there, like my guild [from all over europe] and enjoy playing there. But i dont log in much at the moment as there is nothing left to do.

If you need anything when you are on an alt, gimme a holler. Name Shougeki obviously enough....

Yeah mate of mine in Angered and I move alot of stuff there, and then as you say they went into inactivity : /

• Advertisement

Yeah. Im in one of the only 25m guilds left and even we have been 10m for the last few months....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement