Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformer : Fall of Cybertron

• 02-08-2012 3:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how this is shaping up ?
    I was going to buy the "War for Cybertron" as it's 5euro on Steam atm,
    I've not played a Transformer game in years..probably since Beast Wars

I love Optimus though, (have 2 G1 figures on my desk :P)

And then I seen THIS ....and "Pre Order Pre Order BUY NOW!!" came into my head.
    But before I do...can anyone shed any light..is it gonna be a waste ??

If anyone here doesn't know why this is amazing (kids under 16 probably who believe Transformers came with M.Bay)
    It's because sooo many memories come back....
    Watch the first minute of the Below

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

While i like the look of the new game, that G1 pack trailer kind of sickened me. Probably because it has one of the best bits from one of my favourite movie as a kid, and then has 'Gamestop Exclusive' after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think I saw in yesterday's Playstation Store update that there was a demo for this on PSN now. I'm at work now so maybe someone else can confirm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

It says 50 euro on Steam, I'm near positive it was £29 when I was in work this morning. I'll have to double check.

In work now...yeah,.,,only £30, which is a huge difference to €50 !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think I saw in yesterday's Playstation Store update that there was a demo for this on PSN now. I'm at work now so maybe someone else can confirm

Yeah its up there, has 2 levels from the SP and some MP maps including a bit of the character creator. No idea on size of D/L though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Very excited for this game considering how good War for Cybertron was. I bought the first game for the singleplayer experience because im a Transformers fan but the singleplayer was the weakest aspect of the game. The multiplayer is where it really shines. Felt like i was playing Unreal Tournament back in the day with a class based system. Very fast paced with switching between your vehicle form and robot form on the fly and using both forms really felt good, ya know.

The singleplayer was decent, only problem was the environments being very bland and all feeling very similar, but that's Cybertron i guess. Also has campaign co-op.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Yeah its up there, has 2 levels from the SP and some MP maps including a bit of the character creator. No idea on size of D/L though.

It's around 2200MB. Started the download last night but haven't bothered completing it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

played this a fair bit at e3 and had a decent natter with the developers. it's gonna be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Played a fair bit of WFC a few months ago, and find the MP demo for fall of cybertron very enjoyable :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Does anyone know how this is shaping up ?
    I was going to buy the "War for Cybertron" as it's 5euro on Steam atm,
    I've not played a Transformer game in years..probably since Beast Wars

I love Optimus though, (have 2 G1 figures on my desk :P)

And then I seen THIS ....and "Pre Order Pre Order BUY NOW!!" came into my head.
    But before I do...can anyone shed any light..is it gonna be a waste ??

If anyone here doesn't know why this is amazing (kids under 16 probably who believe Transformers came with M.Bay)
    It's because sooo many memories come back....
    Watch the first minute of the Below

Can you believe that movie still...to me anyway stands head and shoulders over the live action trilogy, some one needs to show bay the original movie...No military...no dumb blondes...Just an awesome story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just bought War off Steam, so will have to play that at some point, then decide o Fall.

• Advertisement

Can you believe that movie still...to me anyway stands head and shoulders over the live action trilogy, some one needs to show bay the original movie...No military...no dumb blondes...Just an awesome story

You mean a Transformers film where they focus on the big giant robots fighting each other rather than some whiny teenager trying to get laid 3 times?

The sheer idea is ludicrous :rolleyes:

Wish they took the millions given to Bay for those 3 abominations and handed it to Blur Studios (guys who do the high quality intros for both Cybertron games, plus a ton more) to make a full length film.

And another reason to want Fall of Cybertron...DINOBOTS!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just played the PS3 demo and the graphics are seriously bad. Everything that is made out of metal (which is everything) is shiny and the bloom effect is on everything! The colours clash so much its unbearable. War for Cybertron looks so much better than this game you would swear they where made by two different studios.

Was really looking forward to this game but its gonna be a no buy for me now :(

-Edit-
    Just youtubed a video of the game running on an Xbox and it does look alot better. PS3 is a bad port maybe? Cant download the Xbox demo to confirm since my Xbox is in my parents house. PC is the best option obviously but nobody seems to give a **** about it on PC so the multiplayer will be dead. Gonna get the demo on Xbox for the final verdict. I would say the PC version looks fantastic but the multiplayer is what im looking most forward to and it will be dead on that platform

Any idea on a PC demo...I already bought the game on STEAM ...:o :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Played it on Xbox looks amazing plays pretty much the same as the last one though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I really enjoyed WFC, this seems like the same game...with Dinobots. Sold.

I forgot I had bought adn pre-ordered this game !!!
    Sweet :D

Dunno whether to play straight away or finish Sleeping Dogs/ TF2-MVM first though

What version did you play,,,,please say PC ? I don't want a bad console port :)

Xbox 360 version. Haven't even seen the PC version running yet truth be told. Twas the Xbox version they were showing off earlier this summer when I played it too. Different developer handling the port, which I was assured by the High Moon guys was to guarantee that the PC players got the version they deserved - so if it's crap you'll know they really hate you :P

Helix wrote: »
    Xbox 360 version. Haven't even seen the PC version running yet truth be told. Twas the Xbox version they were showing off earlier this summer when I played it too. Different developer handling the port, which I was assured by the High Moon guys was to guarantee that the PC players got the version they deserved - so if it's crap you'll know they really hate you :P

:( , Nothing I can do about it now is there after pre-ordering for that Optimus G1 skin :eek::p

Maybe they'll throw in a hat for TF2 ? :p haha.

On nights atm, so no chance to play it till the weekend.
    Ill have to check up and see any reviews of the PC version.

Quick read of the steam forums says there is upcoming DLC that has the Dinobot skins etc, but that these are already in the PC version (just not unlocked as of yet) , but that editing the .ini file will lead to a VAC ban ? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,715 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

sure sounds like it would be a VAC ban, especially as you're doing it to unlock DLC.

• Advertisement

I would love to have the skins.

There must some be some legality around this, whereby you are allowed to alter or edit a product you own ? akin to Jailbreaking etc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

VAC??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

VAC??

Valve Anti-Cheat System (VAC)
    What is VAC?

If a user connects to a VAC-Secured server from a computer with identifiable cheats installed, the VAC system will ban the user from playing on VAC-Secured servers in the future.

While server admins may choose to ban specific players, server admins cannot VAC ban players. The VAC system is automated - contacting Steam Support to report cheaters is not necessary, nor will Steam Support act on any information provided.

The VAC system reliably detects cheats using their cheat signatures. Any third-party modification to a game designed to give one player an advantage over another is classified as a cheat or hack and will trigger a VAC ban. This includes modifications to a game's core executable files and dynamic link libraries.

The following will not trigger a VAC ban:
    Using chat programs like X-Fire
    System hardware configurations
    Updated system drivers, such as video card drivers
    Use only trusted machines to play on VAC-Secured servers - if you are not sure whether or not the machine you are using to connect to Steam may have cheats installed, do not play on VAC-Secured servers.

Use caution when installing any game modifications, such as scripts or custom skins. Only download custom content from trusted sources. Hackers sometimes maliciously disguise their cheats to cause others to get banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Loved WFC (more the nostalgia and references in the game to the original G1 series/movie but was good fun too) so I have this pre-ordered on Steam with the G1 pack.. came home Tuesday expecting to be able to kick off the download while I had dinner and then play for a few hours, but noo.. North America only! :(

Rest of us have to wait to tonight.. less than 2 hours from now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'd get this tomorrow if I could play as G1 Optimus...I think I'll hold off until it's available (and the game is cheaper). That might change tomorrow though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Picked this up for the young lad earlier (really...i swear) he's at home putting it through its paces now. From what i saw, the weapons and vehicle modes look much better this time around. Several new moves and playable characters
    Looking forward to seeing Grimlock in action, even just the cutscenes. Seeing Metroplex in the background in station mode was great for me as I knew he wouldnt have seen any of the episodes from the old series with MP in it
    Didnt check the box for a G1 code, must do when i get home

€50 in gamestop for ps3 version btw which is slightly cheaper than online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I miss my Metroplex toy:(
    31 is not too old for transforming toys OK!

I miss my Metroplex toy:(
    31 is not too old for transforming toys OK!

There is no such age for being "too old" for transforming toys.....

Might pick this up on PC sometime in the future, once Im done with Darksiders 2. Any more word on the PC version? Good/bad/banana?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Elysian

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Any more word on the PC version? Good/bad/banana?

Had a quick go on it there. Options wise there isn't a lot there, you can choose between low/med/high/extra graphics, various resolutions, fullscreen on/off and v-sync on/off. Lack of advanced options aside though the game looks great and runs super smooth for me at 1920 x 1080 on extra so I can't really complain. It's a far better port than Dark Souls :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Elysian wrote: »
    Had a quick go on it there. Options wise there isn't a lot there, you can choose between low/med/high/extra graphics, various resolutions, fullscreen on/off and v-sync on/off. Lack of advanced options aside though the game looks great and runs super smooth for me at 1920 x 1080 on extra so I can't really complain. It's a far better port than Dark Souls :mad:

+1 running fine for me on Extra graphics with a 2GB HD6970 card and 8GB RAM on Win 7 x64 .. Played 30 mins of it - looks great and plays well but I'd like the option to customise the controls rather than just pre-defined layouts.

More annoyingly, I can't figure out how to activate the G1 pack although Steam shows I have it in the DLC - speaking of DLC... more characters already released??!! Bit cheeky asking for another €9.99 the day after the main game unlocks tho! :mad:

Advertisement