Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

racist judge

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

i know what i see on a daily basis.

i hear on the 1 o'clock news the Irish-Polish community representatives have accepted her apology, but the PC shower will not. some of those fools are just waiting to be offended.

this thread is going nowhere, so i'm out.:cool:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0802/group-to-complain-judges-polish-remarks-to-gardai.html
    Quote taken from the RTE link provided:
    "Polish people living here say the remark was insulting."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

i'm not saying there are no Irish singing-on. of course there are, and many of them are scammers too.

but youl'd be hard pressed to hear them above all the foreign accents.

i asked the girl behind the counter was that day a special/designated day for foreigners to sign-on? she looked at me like i was mad and said no it was like this all the time.

sorry if the truth doesn't go down too well.:(

Your useless anecdote =/= "the truth".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Not all have accepted her apology

While she has since apologised for the comments, the chief executive of the Integration Centre said he believes the apology does not go far enough.

Killian Forde said he will lodge a formal complaint on the matter to gardai at Pearse St in Dublin this afternoon.

Lets see how this one works out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

SocSocPol wrote: »
    Quote taken from the RTE link provided:
    "Polish people living here say the remark was insulting."

Just part of the PC Brigade waiting to get insulted.

A post on another forum put it well: The defendant in this case was called Enda not Miroslaw…. it was the defendant who had used anti Polish comments in the incident in question, hence Judge Gibbons decided that a Polish charity should get the dosh as a lesson. Into this lesson of racial tolerance bounds Judge Devins… in a case needing little more than certifying that Gibbons ruling was complied with, and she goes and attacks the Poles, unprompted.

So the message to the defendant is… if you want to have a go at the Poles, don’t shout drunken abuse at bouncers… just do it when sober. as a judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

She is not fit for office and should resign. Let her make a living as a Barrister/solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Apology part deux.

“I unreservedly and without qualification apologise for my off-the-cuff comments at a recent court case,” she said.
    “I understand and accept the hurt these comments caused to members of the Polish community. This was never my intention and I express my sorrow for same.”
    Devins added that her previous clarification had been “an attempt to provide a context and was not intended in any way to dilute my apology for such unwarranted comments”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Link to her new apology.
    Under the circumstances it appears to be unequivocal and fulsome.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/judge-offers-unreserved-apology-for-polish-charity-comment-561601.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

i'm not saying there are no Irish singing-on. of course there are, and many of them are scammers too.

i asked the girl behind the counter was that day a special/designated day for foreigners to sign-on? she looked at me like i was mad and said no it was like this all the time.

Well fancy that.

Re the second apology, fair enough, but she's given ample cause with her comments to doubt her impartiality in cases where Polish people are before the court. The appeals alone will cost the state a pretty penny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I find this quite extraordinary.

That is totally at odds with what the statistics show.

In the most recent QNHS survey, Irish nationals made up 258,600 of the Unemployed. British expats added another 9,100 onto that, leaving 267,700 unemployed people from these islands in the unemployment heap.

http://cso.ie/en/media/csoie/releasespublications/documents/labourmarket/2012/qnhs_q12012.pdf

There was a grand total of 41,300 indivdiuals unemployed in Ireland who were not from Ireland or the UK. This means that only about 13% of voices you heard ought to have been foreign.

If your story is even true, I think it's likely that you live in an area where there is an uneven distribution of immigrants, like a dense urban centre, or else there just happened to be a lot of migrant jobseekers in your presence at that particular time, and the clerk was lying.

But no, the unemployed statistics show that you would not be hard pressed to hear locals speaking English in your nearest social welfare office. The unemployed are overwhelmingly Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tzymische

I am polish myself - and I think we are all going a bit crazy with all the 'racism' and 'racial abuse' stuff.

First of all - I am looking at my Irish colleagues here and they are seem pretty Caucasian to me, I look at my self in the mirror and I am too looking quite Caucasian so in my simple mind it couldnt be racial abuse. no way!

Yes she did made a stupid comment - but thats all - its just stupidity nothing more nothing less. No point feeling offended or 'racially abused'.
    The only problem for me is fact that this display of stupidity was shown by a judge - but this is a whole different story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

It' a half-hearted apology. We're supposed to look up to the likes of her. I work with Polish people, they're not scroungers, anymore than most Irish people on welfare. Time for her to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Tzymische wrote: »
    The only problem for me is fact that this display of stupidity was shown by a judge - but this is a whole different story.

Actually that's the crux of the matter. Every day thousands of people pass similar remarks in the pub and it doesn't make the news (rightly so). But a judge is indeed a whole different animal as they are not supposed to vent any prejudiced views or be motivated by them.

later12 wrote: »
    The unemployed are overwhelmingly Irish.

Of course it, as this country is still predominately Irish. However, on a per capita basis, the rate of unemployment among non Irish people in 2011 was 22 percent compared with a rate of 18.5 percent among Irish people.

So a non Irish person is more inclined to be in receipt of social welfare compared to an Irish person.

You live in the UK, correct? Out of curiosity what percentage of Irish people are in receipt of social welfare over there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

I am polish myself - and I think we are all going a bit crazy with all the 'racism' and 'racial abuse' stuff.

First of all - I am looking at my Irish colleagues here and they are seem pretty Caucasian to me, I look at my self in the mirror and I am too looking quite Caucasian so in my simple mind it couldnt be racial abuse. no way!

Yes she did made a stupid comment - but thats all - its just stupidity nothing more nothing less. No point feeling offended or 'racially abused'.

I agree and disagree, I do think she is being racist, as you can be racist to ethnic groups. And she should at the very least offer an apology. I am sure, however, that similar sentiment by a - say, Australian - Judge about the Irish would generate applause from some of the outraged here.

I am sure, however, that similar sentiment by a - say, Australian - Judge about the Irish would generate applause from some of the outraged here.

Of course it would.

Have a gander at the thread about the Irish in Perth for reference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Someone said earlier that judges are becoming the underbelly of Irish society. I think it was tongue-in-cheek but I can't help but feel that our judiciary is living in a completely alternative Ireland.

How on earth can a judge come out and say something as bigoted as this and expect to keep her job? It's unacceptable.

I don't think it's that different at all - that a judge can display such a shocking lapse of judgement shows she's clearly not qualified to do the job. She should be shipped out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

IrishAm wrote: »
    However, on a per capita basis, the rate of unemployment among non Irish people in 2011 was 22 percent compared with a rate of 18.5 percent among Irish people.

Probably because a lot of non-Irish people worked in the building trade(s)?

WEll its not a significant difference anyway, whatever the reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Brinimartini

it depends on the context it was said in....and that has not been reported.....

if somebody gets something for nothing ...that is charity....

just because laws are made, it does not change that fact........

the previous british prime minister said....he wants british jobs for british workers.......no, he wasn't sacked.......at that time..

The only thing that matters is, is it true.If it is then end of discussion.

Quite possibly.

It would be interesting to compare the figures with other EU states. Especially the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

First time i ever heard polish people being a race...who knew

This rubbish again. Is it only in the last - what, 5 - years that people have decided the Nazis were bigots but not racist?

Whether this was racist or not, ethnic chauvinism is racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Of course it, as this country is still predominately Irish. However, on a per capita basis, the rate of unemployment among non Irish people in 2011 was 22 percent compared with a rate of 18.5 percent among Irish people.

Well I'm not sure why you're quoting me; I was to firstly stick to what I was responding to: the idea that English was something of a minority language in dole queues. That can be demonstrated to be false on an aggregate level using statistics. So lets park that there.

Moving on, you want to deal with proportional applications for unemployment assistance. OK lets deal with that.

There is something of an anomaly in the statistics between the QNHS and the Live Register. To give you the QNHS data (the one that actually measures unemployment, and is the most useful for the purposes of this discussion):

There were 50,400 non Irish people unemployed in Q1 2012. There was a total of 274,000 of them in the labour force. This leads to an unemployment rate of 18.4% for these non Irish nationals. However, within that aggregate, unemployment is unevenly distributed. More on that later.

There were 258,600 Irish people unemployed in Q1 2012. There was a total of 1,821,100 of them in the labour force. This leads to an unemployment rate of 14.2%

Lets represent this in chart form, where we can also see how the unemployment is distributed amongst those of a non Irish background.

Origin|Unemployment rate
    Irish total|14.2%
    Non Irish total|18.4%
    *of which UK|23.45%
    *of which EU 15|9.73%
    *of which EU15-27|18.5%
    *of which EU27 (excl Ireland & UK)|14.1%
    *of which non EU|18.2%

Now what I find most interesting about this is that the two most proportionately out of work groups are not the Nigerians or others that we are always hearing about; they are British! With the central/ Eastern Europeans coming in second.

Also v. interesting on this, however, is that with the exception of the British, whose unemployment rate is significantly higher than the Irish, there is only a very small gap between most Europeans and the Irish; indeed, those from the EU15 excluding Britain and ireland are far less likely to be unemployed than the Irish altogether.

Indeed (!) the Europeans as an aggregate (EU 27 - Ireland & UK), who live here, have a lower unemployment rate than the Irish. What do you say about that?

So no, the picture is not particularly damning. In fact, wouldn't it be lovely if the whole country were as well employed as the Spanish, Italians, Greeks, and so on, who live here, and who have a much lower unemployment rate than the rest of us.

In fact, even if Ireland's unemployment rate dropped to the unemployment rate of Eastern and Western Europeans combined who live here, it would be very welcome.

With regard to your other question, no I don't live in the UK anymore and I have no idea how many Irish people are unemployed there. Why don't you get the statistics and then explain the relevance, if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

The only thing that matters is, is it true.If it is then end of discussion.

I wonder if this had been a judge in England making that remark about the Irish I'm sure the Government would be up in arm over such a disgraceful remark. How could this Judge be expected to have an impartial view if a Polish national stands trial before her. The best way to apologise now would be to resign your honour because you are a disgrace.

• Advertisement

mccarthy37 wrote: »
    I wonder if this had been a judge in England making that remark about the Irish I'm sure the Government would be up in arm over such a disgraceful remark. How could this Judge be expected to have an impartial view if a Polish national stands trial before her. The best way to apologise now would be to resign your honour because you are a disgrace.

Nothing would have happened if a judge in England said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

She is a bigot, but that does not stop her from taking a generous salary, which is also funded by Polish and other foreign taxpayers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The judge made a personal observation, doing so in court was unprofessional and nothing more. Its high time the PC brigade stopped trying to create problems, for Christ sake are there not more important things to spend money on in Castlebar.
    I suppose that all this nonsense on behalf of the complaining integration group has raised their profile and it will keep them in employment. After all aren't they providing a valuable service to immigrants by taking offence on their behalf.:mad:

She is a biggot then. Will you sleep more soundly now that you have bigots handing down sentences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    She is a biggot then. Will you sleep more soundly now that you have bigots handing down sentences.

this won't be news to many people who've been through the district court. Some of judges are a joke. There really needs to be a system to weed out the bad ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

So this judge thinks Irelands social welfare is a Polish charity!....She would do well to bear in mind that Ireland is an EU and IMF charity case.See her tonight on RTE being interviewed in the middle of some bog..thats where she should stay.

Maybe we are considered the German social welfare system and she is one of the bigger recipients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Complaint against Judge Devins Pulled
    A Garda complaint will not be made against a judge who compared social welfare to a Polish charity after she made an unreserved apology.
    The Integration Centre reneged on its pledge to report Judge Mary Devins to gardai when the Courts Service issued a second statement in her defence.
    Last Friday, when Castlebar District Court questioned if there was a Polish charity in Ireland, Judge Devins remarked: "A Polish charity? There is. It's called the social welfare.
    "I unreservedly and without qualification apologise for my off-the cuff comments at a recent court case," the judge said today.
    "I understand and accept the hurt these comments caused to members of the Polish community.
    "This was never my intention and I express my sorrow for same.
    "My previous clarification was an attempt to provide a context and was not intended in any way to dilute my apology for such unwarranted comments."
    Killian Forde, of the Integration Centre, said her remarks were disgraceful and bigoted, and her initial apology rambling, contrived and spurious.
    The advocacy group had vowed to report her under the Garda Racist Reporting Mechanism.
    "In light of Judge Mary Devins' unreserved apology to the Polish community, and those affected by her bigoted remarks, we have decided not to proceed with our complaint to the gardai," Mr Forde later said.
    "However we will continue to monitor statements made by public servants, including judges, and where we think appropriate we will make intervention utilising whatever mechanisms exist in the State."
    The Irish Polish Society had accepted the judge's initial apology, in which she claimed her comment was made in the context of - and alluding to - another recent violent, alcohol-fuelled incident involving several defendants of Polish origin who were all recipients of social welfare payments.
    But spokeswoman Anna Szewc warned that people in the judge's position need to be more careful.
    "If it happened again maybe there should be some consequences from that, but you know sometimes people get emotions, you can always explain that with something else," she said.
    The hearing centred on the case of a trainee plumber over a public order offence in which the man had called an Irish security guard a "fat Polish f*****".
    Another judge had ordered the man to save up and pay 1,000 euro to a Polish charity in lieu of a conviction and a fine.
    The case returned before Judge Devins last Friday, when she made the comment which appeared in the Mayo News this week.
    In her first statement the judge said: "The comment was intended to be specific to that incident and occurrence and was never intended to offend any community, or members of any community.
    "If insult was taken from my comment I apologise for same."
    But Mr Forde said that apology inflamed the insult by seeking to blame those offended by her remark for the insult they took.
    "She needed to give an unequivocal apology to Polish people," he added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

That's to qualify for Jobseekers Benefit.

And as you well know, no other nationality can satisfy the habitual residence condition apart from British citizens. In essence, eastern Europeans must be employed and make tax contributions before they are entitled to Job seekers allowance- hence making your point irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Fuinseog wrote: »
    the indo article in interesting. it seems she is the wife of a former TD. it must be Connor Lenihan who made his infamous 'kebabs' remark to describe Turkish workers in this country.
    I'm sure the conversation at their dinner parties is simply delightful.

I wouldn't mind but the Polish are bloody great people; they're a lot like ourselves - work hard, play hard, and are almost as good looking as us. MOAR POLISH!

KINGVictor wrote: »

And as you well know, no other nationality can satisfy the habitual residence condition apart from British citizens.

Prove it.
    Pace2008 wrote: »
    I'm sure the conversation at their dinner parties is simply delightful.

She is married to former Minister for State Jimmy Devins(FF) not Conor Lenihan.

Prove it.

Why?

You were the one that suggested that Eastern Europeans were entitled to Jobseekers Allowance upon arrival and I explained that they had to meet the habitual residence condition; I am not your research assistant- go and do your own home work! The link below could be a starting point:

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW108/Pages/2Whatdoeshabitualresidencemean.aspx

You were the one that suggested that Eastern Europeans were entitled to Jobseekers Allowance upon arrival and I explained that they had to meet the habitual residence condition;

I said no such thing, bud. Stop lying.

I said;

To get Jobseeker's Allowance you must:

Be unemployed
    Be over 18 and under 66 years of age
    Be capable of work
    Be available for and genuinely seeking work
    Satisfy the means test
    Meet the Habitual Residence Condition

Which is true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

im shocked to be honest
    its more an irish charity because the poles are taken our jobs
    :) thank god for fas
    another irish charity but it makes you feel your working for **** all every week ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I said;
    Which is true.

And why did you bring that up?

I said;

Which is true.

So can you explain why you decided to make the distinction between Jobseekers allowance and Job benefits in relation to the discussion?

Why did you ask for proof from me?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

Mayo judges have form, I remembered this one when I lived up there...
    'Fat fool' teenager gets new three-month jail term

By TOM SHIEL
    Friday January 14 2000
    A TEENAGE traveller, controversially described by a judge as ``a thick fat fool'', yesterday found himself in more court trouble.On Tuesday, Thomas Collins (18), of Lui na Greine, Claremorris, Co Mayo, was on the receiving end of a verbal lashing from Judge Harvey Kenny at Castlebar Circuit Court.
    Judge Kenny claimed Collins had ``a head like the front of a mallet'' and ordered him to sign up with a local GAA team to train and lose weight before he appeared before him again for sentencing on May 1.

Collins, who had been appealing a one-month jail term imposed in the District Court for a headbutt assault on Michael Regan in Claremorris on September 1, was also ordered to pay a £3,000 fine by Judge Kenny.

Yesterday in Claremorris Court, Collins received a separate three-month term for public order offences.

His brother John was sentenced to one year for offences under the Public Order Act and assault while their father Owen was fined £100 for being drunk in a public place.

Speaking last night about Judge Kenny's comments, Thomas Collins said: ``I am very embarrassed by what he called me. Everyone is laughing at me. I cannot sleep over that. He called me a big fat fool, a big bully. He said I had a mallet head.''

He said he was taking legal advice over the comments. ``I'm a laughing stock now around the town. Everybody is calling me a big fat fool and telling me to go out and play football.''

But a leading Mayo GAA official said it was an ``inappropriate judgment to foist a man with a criminal record on a club''.

Judge Kenny had told Collins: ``You are fat and overweight and it's time you stopped taking on fellows half your weight.''

Collins pleaded not to be sent to jail and said he would pay any money. He said he hadn't meant to hurt Michael Regan - it was just a ``small headbutt''.

The judge added: ``Headbutting is a deplorable practice. You have a great head on you for headbutting. It's like the front of a mallet.''

- TOM SHIEL

... However, she could certainly learn something from his apology...

A JUDGE apologised profusely yesterday for describing a young defendant as "a thick fat fool" and for "having a head like the front of a mallet".

In a message to Thomas Collins at Castlebar Circuit Court, Judge Harvey Kenny declared: "I want to apologise to you for the words I used last Tuesday. I sincerely regret using these words."

He said his comments were inappropriate and unnecessary and "not befitting of a judge".

Judge Kenny provoked a storm last week when the 18-year-old traveller, living at Lui na Greine, Claremorris, was appealing against a one-year jail term for assault.

He had ordered Collins to train and lose weight at a GAA club before he appeared before him again on May 1.

The judge also offered an apology yesterday to the GAA.

...apology accepted!

So can you explain why you decided to make the distinction between Jobseekers allowance and Job benefits in relation to the discussion?

You could read the thread?

But because I am kind soul, I shall break it down for you.

Someone claimed that you can only claim benefits.....
    if you are refugee or somebody similar. If you arrived from EU you need to contribute 102 weekly prsi payments before you can apply for any benefit.

I pointed out that.....

To get Jobseeker's Allowance you must:

Be unemployed
    Be over 18 and under 66 years of age
    Be capable of work
    Be available for and genuinely seeking work
    Satisfy the means test
    Meet the Habitual Residence Condition

Why did you ask for proof from me?

Because you said;

You were the one that suggested that Eastern Europeans were entitled to Jobseekers Allowance upon arrival and I explained that they had to meet the habitual residence condition

I never suggested such a thing. You were lying. So I asked you to prove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

http://www.advertiser.ie/mayo/articl...arred-from-pub
    The comment to the bouncer had a “quasi racist element... which worries me”. The judge said that we are a “multi-cultural” country and people who express such views “need to be stopped in their tracks.”

I think Judge Conal Gibbons is right - Wannabe Judge Judy Justice Mary Devins in my opinion showed the sort of poor judgement, poor standards and brash ignorance that one would expect lands people in court in front of her on a daily basis.

- I would think that a lot of people would feel that she cannot be relied upon to administer true justice - obviously a Polish person or for that matter anyone who happens to have been born outside of Mayo Ireland is not guaranteed to receive just treatment under her overseeing of court proceedings as when her xenophobic mask slipped she has made her true smalltime feelings very well known.

Also her self-serving, face-saving initial apology was no insincere and flimsy it was a real joy to see her grovelling 'please let me keep my job' apology that followed like a 6 year old whose Mammy makes her apologise 'properly' to her sister second time around......

She should be on social welfare before holding a position of responsibility in our courts I reckon....... Or at least as her colleague Judge Gibbons stated of her type of crappy mindset, one of those people who needs to be 'stopped in their tracks'

Raiser wrote: »

- I would think that a lot of people would feel that she cannot be relied upon to administer true justice - obviously a Polish person or for that matter anyone who happens to have been born outside of Mayo Ireland is not guaranteed to receive just treatment under her overseeing of court proceedings as when her xenophobic mask slipped she has made her true smalltime feelings very well known.

MikeMac1 posted a link earlier in the thread to a case where a Polish girl who struck a Gardai over the head was fined just 200 euro and given a three month suspended sentence.

So that's that theory dead in the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Warden13

Raiser wrote: »
    http://www.advertiser.ie/mayo/articl...arred-from-pub
    The comment to the bouncer had a “quasi racist element... which worries me”. The judge said that we are a “multi-cultural” country and people who express such views “need to be stopped in their tracks.”

I think Judge Conal Gibbons is right - Wannabe Judge Judy Justice Mary Devins in my opinion showed the sort of poor judgement, poor standards and brash ignorance that one would expect lands people in court in front of her on a daily basis.

Also her self-serving, face-saving initial apology was no insincere and flimsy it was a real joy to see her grovelling 'please let me keep my job' apology that followed like a 6 year old whose Mammy makes her apologise 'properly' to her sister second time around......

She should be on social welfare before holding a position of responsibility in our courts I reckon.......
    So people are stupid poor sods

You could read the thread?

But because I am kind soul, I shall break it down for you.

Someone claimed that you can only claim benefits.....

I pointed out that.....

Because you said;

I never suggested such a thing. You were lying. So I asked you to prove it.

100% Fail! Surely, you can do better than that.

This is what you posted my friend...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80044119&postcount=138

You asked for proof that only British people would satisfy the habitual residence requirement.

This was the poster said:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80034528&postcount=71

And your reply was:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80035329&postcount=81

Stop being silly and accept you made an error- you obviously erroneously imagined that Immigrants could get Jobseekers allowance without making tax contributions hence your reference to and distinction between jobseekers allowance and benefit .

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »

Mea culpa. Sorry about that.

Advertisement