Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Thai people living in Dublin ?

Options
  • 02-08-2012 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

I am considering brining my Thai wife over to live in Ireland .We will probably give it a years trial , to see if it works out . We currently live togeather in Thailand.She is a hairdresser and has her own shop here in Thailand .
    I am wondering if there is a Thai community in Dublin or outside she could socalise with ?It would be great if we could find a Thai hairdresser in Dublin to show her the roapes,as she would like to continue her business over there.
    PS ,I know already about the recession etc in Ireland as i keep up to date on the internet .I am Irish myself .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Definitely is. Not sure they use this but why not try restaurants and the like? One or two where I work as well, maybe she could enter education here?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

^ I will be over in Ireland myself for a short holiday in September ,and will try the restaurant route .As for education she has a 9 yea old daughter who will need schooling ,but that can be sorted later .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Thai consulate in Dublin might also be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

I think once your wife makes friends with even just one Thai, her circle of Thai friends will grow quite rapidly as most Thais tend to introduce newcomers to their existing circle of friends. At least that's the way it worked when my own wife came over 10 years ago, and we had a much smaller Thai community than that of Dublin.
    Do you mind me asking, did you get married at the amphur in Thailand, i.e. you have a valid Thai marriage cert? Its just that this will be required when making a visa for your wife. Apologies if you know all this already. :)

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Hi Op
    One of the girls in work has recommended this site

http://thai-ireland.com/

She is Thai and used it when she first came.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

>>Do you mind me asking, did you get married at the amphur in Thailand, i.e. you have a valid Thai marriage cert?<<

Yes we did ,2 years ago now .

and i will check out that Thai-Ireland site .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sunthree

any thai people living in dublin. i moved here last year from thailand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

sunthree wrote: »
    any thai people living in dublin. i moved here last year from thailand

Sawadeekhap :)

Advertisement