Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find jarred tuna?

Options
  • 02-08-2012 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hope it's okay to post here, if not apologies, I used to do a great pasta dish with chilli and tuna, but the tuna I used was in a jar, not canned, and was just great quality, but now I can't find the tuna in a jar. Anyone know where I can find it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Ortiz tuna? Most good Italian delis should have jarred tuna. Little Italy or Fallon & Byrnes in Dublin would be a goo start.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lexicographer

Thanks, appreciate the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The reason that the Ortiz tuna is good is that its Albacore Tuna.
    Much tastier and better than the Skipjack/Yellowfin that you get in tins.

The better news is that its actually Tuna season here and Albacore is being landed in Ireland right now by Irish boats.
    You could get fresh Tuna and make the same dish yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

A few weeks ago they had some jars of Albacore tuna in Lidl. They may have some left in their clearance section if you look.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lexicographer

Brilliant, am on my way ... will have to definitely try the fresh tuna as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Alun wrote: »
    A few weeks ago they had some jars of Albacore tuna in Lidl. They may have some left in their clearance section if you look.

Lidl in Rathfarnham had some at lunchtime today.

Advertisement