Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bubbles in Lino

Options
  • 02-08-2012 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum so mods feel free to move if necessary.

We had lino laid about 6 weeeks ago in two rooms inside an industrial unit.

Over two years ago while the unit was vacant there had been a frozen pipe that had burst so the unit had been damp but that was repaired two years ago and mould cleaned and painted over with special paint for mould.

The lino was laid on a bank holiday Friday. The installers arrived about 90mins early so the floor had just been mopped but we have a wet hoover so it was pretty dry.

By the following Tuesday we noticed one large bubble in the lino in one of the rooms, approx 10in wide. We phoned the lino company who told us they would send someone out. By the time they had a rep come out (2 weeks later) there were several bubbles around the room. He took some pics and said he would send them to the manufacturers of the lino and someone should get back to me.

We didnt hear back to I phoned the company where we bought the lino on Monday and were told that the rep thinks that the building is damp which has caused the lino to lift. He said the rep claims that there is mould on the walls, which there is not (there are some grubby paw prints from dogs which perhaps could be confused as mould if you weren't the brightest).

They were due to send someone out to do a moisture reading yesterday but noone showed up.

If they have a tool to check for moisture shouldn't that have been done prior to laying the lino?

The two rooms that we had lino put down are adjacent to eachother, surely if there is damp in one room it would be in the other?

Any idea where I stand?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,112 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Not for our forum as such and I can move it to either the DIY forum or the consumer issues forum if you are looking for advice on your rights. Let me know please where you want it moved to. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭lisasimps

Consumer issues sounds about right, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,112 ✭✭✭✭muffler

lisasimps wrote: »
    Consumer issues sounds about right, thanks!
    I'll do that now for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I'm not trying to backseat mod but you can't avail of 'consumer' rights of you're a business - I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Entreprenurial & Business Management

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement