Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cares Safety Harness

Options
  • 02-08-2012 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi all - I am looking for a CARES safety harness for my little fellah - we are taking a long haul flight next month, so I was going to bring this, in case they had a spare seat on the plane. Any ideas who stocks them in Dublin?

Thanks, Soddy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

What age is your baby? Chances are, even if they have a spare seat, if he is under two he will have to be on your lap for take off and landing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭soddy1979

He'll be 14 months. Not worried about take off and landing - more the other 8 hours we'll be in the air.

We used one for flying to the States when my girl was 13 months. We were lucky enough to get 3 bulkhead seats directly in front of the loos (so no one in front or behind) to ourselves on the way out and she sat in the harness for most of the trip and even dozed off. It was brilliant. When/if you can use it seems to depend on the airline. We flew US Air on the transatlantic leg but we were not allowed to use it on our internal US flight which was with some local affiliated carrier.

I wouldn't count on being able to use in flight because in most planes the strap that goes around the seat makes it so the passenger behind can't use their tray table.

Also AFAIK Aer Lingus won't let you use them at all (there's info on their website).

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

You would want to check with the airline as not all allow them.

Aerlingus have info on the harness's here
    http://www.aerlingus.com/help/help/specialassistance/#d.en.1317
    The main thing is that they will only allow the use of them in a row that has no seats behind it so even if you do get a free seat beside you might not be able to use the harness.

Don't know of any stockists in Dublin but maybe try Tony Kealys. Amazon.co.uk definitely stock them.

Advertisement