Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Voice notification for incoming calls when using ipod?

• 02-08-2012 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

I run on a regular basis and listen to the ipod on my iphone (which I put in an armband).

Using Voice Control makes it very easy to change tracks, call someone etc. However if someone calls me it would be great if I was notified automatically by voice who is calling me - otherwise you have to fiddle with the armband to try and look at the screen to see who is calling you.

Stopping short of a jailbreak can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

PS If this is possible it would be preferable if this sort of voice notification only kicks in when I have earphones plugged in / listening to the ipod - as you can imagine it would piss other people off if this voice notification was in operation under normal circumstances.....

Thank

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

I'm not aware of anyway of doing this, you could just have customised ringtones for different contacts so you know which ones you don't want to take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

pogsick wrote: »
    I'm not aware of anyway of doing this, you could just have customised ringtones for different contacts so you know which ones you don't want to take

good idea - however can you customise it one step further that the customised ringtone only kicks in when headphones are plugged in?

thanks

PGL wrote: »
    good idea - however can you customise it one step further that the customised ringtone only kicks in when headphones are plugged in?

thanks

I don't think so, if it's a case you don't people to know you have customised their ringtone on your phone, you could just customise the way the phone vibrates for their incoming call

I don't think so, if it's a case you don't people to know you have customised their ringtone on your phone, you could just customise the way the phone vibrates for their incoming call

I can't find a way of customising vibration for different contacts - can you?

thanks!

I can't find a way of customising vibration for different contacts - can you?

thanks!

What type of iPhone do you have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

The only.way to do voice notifications is to create a ringtone for each contact. What I did was to use a voice synth program which I overlayed on a ringtone. I only did it for contacts that are importan. Used audicity, bit of work involved but only need to do it once

What type of iPhone do you have?

iPhone 4

iPhone 4

Provided you have the latest software the option to do so is in the contact itself

http://www.pcworld.com/article/242238/how_to_use_custom_vibrations_in_ios_5.html

fair play pogstick and swampy - between both of your suggestions I should find a solution!

many thanks!

Advertisement