Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Wall

Options
  • 02-08-2012 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone could give me a steer on the cost of a wall. My neighbours said they wanted to put up a wall at the back between our properties, there was old fencing there, I was happy with that as I was always going to do something about the fencing. I said I'd contribute so we said we would both get a quote and go with the cheapest. Two days later the lady landed to say the wall was starting (they are doing other work to an extension also) and the cost to me was €450 as in half the €900. I said I would still get the quote from my own builder and she said no problem, they were putting up the wall anyhow. I am still waiting for the quote from our own builder and I do want to contribute so could anyone give me a ballpark idea for the following:

6ft concrete block wall, 42 of my size five 5 feet length wise, no plastering, just blocks. Foundation dug out and concrete put in. Any basic idea would be great. Want to sort this as my neighbours are sound. I wish she'd have given me a quote, I will most likely ask for it before I hand over the money.

Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭rayjdav

A wall 1.8m x 12m, foundations dug, concrete poured, piers, capping (I assume), old fencing dumped AND labour for €450, all inclusive.
    You are not doing too badly tbh. Keep stum if I were you, smile and say thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,050 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to Prices/costs.

Advertisement