Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most shocking moments [SPOILERS AHOY]

• 02-08-2012 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

If you havent read all the books STOP NOW. SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Been meaning to start this for a while, throughout the books I ve come across some shocking moments. Some holy **** thats exciting, some holy **** thats disgusting.

The absolute worst one for me was with the Mountain.
    Him and some of his men are in a tavern when the Father of the serving girl complains his men are harassing her, the Mountain throws coin at the Father, grabs the girl and rapes her there on the spot. Then asks for change as she wasn't that good and lets his men take their turn. All the Father can do is M'Lord the scumbag.
    :eek:

Really was sick to my stomach reading it, actually am right now recounting it.

So, whats the part of the books that got to you the most.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Spoilers for the first page at least I suppose?
    Unsullied having to kill their puppies
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mentioned this in another thread, Book 5
    reek having to get fake aria "ready" for ramsey on their wedding night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Killing off ned stark and khal drogo in book one were shockers.

Given neds character and prominance I expected him to end up on the wall or leading a rebellion instead of robb and maybe having to help save the kingdom from below :

Khal drogo was this "uber" warrior and the whole build up of him and his horse army being this unstoppable force waiting to pounce on westeros, then he is killed off

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I thought the
    Red Wedding
    was pretty shocking in and off itself, but then just after when
    Arya got hit with the axe
    I was gobsmacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

One of the biggest shocks was in the first few chapters of GoT and the first episode
    Jamie pushing Bran out the window.
    It really set the tone for the season.Another from season 1
    Ned's decapitation

There were some great shocking moments in A Storm of Swords.
    The entire red wedding. Roose killing Robb and Grey wind's head being stitched onto his decapitated body was a grim surprise. Catelyn killing Jinglebell was odd too. I thought she would make it to Lord Frey. It was a nice relieve to see Catelyn back in the epilogue.

The scences in the summer isles with Daenarys were shocking.
    The story of the unsullied training (killing puppies and babies). The attack on the Astapor slavers was great though. The 300+ child slaves used as sign posts between Yunkai and Meerreen.

The death of Oberyn Martell was shocking considering his advantage.

Tyrion's escape and confrontation with Shae and Tywin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

stevenmu wrote: »
    I thought the
    Red Wedding
    was pretty shocking in and off itself, but then just after when
    Arya got hit with the axe
    I was gobsmacked.

Wow yes and given the prior events that was a real shock as I really thought
    the dog had done her in there was a real surprise to see a chapter with her name later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Catelyn Stark
    Went out to find the nearest late night Tesco for Feast for Crows, lets say I was bitterly disappointed.
    Jamie's hand
    was not expecting that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Just rereading Dance there.
    "Reek" tucking into a rat in the dungeon of the Dreadfort.

Goes into absolutely morbid detail. The whole chapter really is unsettling.

Advertisement