Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with payment made in Error to Eircom

Options
  • 02-08-2012 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I made a payment in Error to the Eircom account. I havent ever had an account to eircom but clicked on Eircom by mistake when I was making an Online payment to my Visa card.

Could you advise what I need to do to get this money refunded to me, My bank cannot cancel the payment as it has left my account.

The account number that the payment went to was 51279238 which was advised as Eircom account.

Could you please advise as soon as possible as the payment was for over €100.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Naid23 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I made a payment in Error to the Eircom account. I havent ever had an account to eircom but clicked on Eircom by mistake when I was making an Online payment to my Visa card.

Could you advise what I need to do to get this money refunded to me, My bank cannot cancel the payment as it has left my account.

The account number that the payment went to was 51279238 which was advised as Eircom account.

Could you please advise as soon as possible as the payment was for over €100.

Thanks

Hi Naid23,

I have looked into this as best as I could for now. Have sent a request to our payment remittance manager explaining the situation so I'll wait until I get a reply to request further info from you. Will most likely need the Visa number and your name etc. but I'll confirm soon. With regards the account number you gave above, this is eircoms bank account number so it looks like your payment will simply be dropped into the eircom bank and we will then have to refund it to you. Normal timeframes for these things can vary but you're normally looking at 5 days each way (5 days to reach us, 5 days to return). Again, not certain on this but it think it will follow the same rules as a normal bank transfer. Will come back to this thread as soon as I get some info.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Thanks James.
    Yeah if you could let me know what information you need and I will send it straight on. I can also send on screenshots of my bank account showing the payment so just let me know as soon as you have info.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Naid23 wrote: »
    Thanks James.
    Yeah if you could let me know what information you need and I will send it straight on. I can also send on screenshots of my bank account showing the payment so just let me know as soon as you have info.

Thanks

Hi again,

Have gotten a response on this one. If you PM me (link at bottom of post) with the date of payment, the exact amount and the name on the card they will be able to search the database and refund that payment to you.

Cheers

James

Advertisement