Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most memorable experience playing a CoD game?

• 02-08-2012 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭

Straight forward enough really, I'll start.

Off the top of my head I remember playing a private match with the boards group a short while after MW3 came out.

Think it was riot shields and C4 :D

...at one point, it myself and yimrag who were squared up with riot shields...

Staring eachother down... Gripping the shield tightly, sweat dripping from the brow, we knew one of us would not walk away from this...

...a tattered piece of paper caught by the winds blows gently passed... and we charge!

We must of been battering eachother (no homo) for minutes, charging and deflecting, attempting to flank your oppenent and hit that sweet spot in back (again, no homo). There was no letting up.

Only one could walk away...

After what felt like a lifetime (say about 4 or so minutes), yimrag with his back to me presented the perfect oppurtunity for me to strike him down.

Just as I tap the B button to hit him... Some àss comes out of nowhere and slaps me across the back with the shield, takes out yimrag and scuttles away!! Motherfùcker!! :pac:

In all seriousness though, we were skitting for ages at that. Tis one moment I won't forget.

So I pose the question to ye, what was your most memorable CoD moment?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

The best for me was trying to win a domination with the score of 200-0.

I was playing with a group of people from boards , it was black ops on the map summit.

All of us where just in the zone, we were like an army of chuck norris'. Was epic, the spawns kept flipping and at one point i was on my own trying to defend A while the whole enemy team spawned nearby, needless to say the spawns flipped again :D

Good times

The second, i was playing on my own in MW3. i said to myself play one more game. About half way through the game i noticed i hadn't died yet and i was on my third weapon, check the stats and i was on 19 with support kill streaks.

A few more kills later i got my first ever MOAB playing on my own , the score in the end was 40-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

cod went sh1te a long time ago IMO, but i loved playing cod2 and cod:uo on the pc back in the day, playing clan wars every second day, cod:uo with the tanks was epic.

soon as they left ww2 for mw it became an arcade style 'meh' shooter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Hurricane flavoured crisps on Summit. Cried laughing and went triple negative. CFC the beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

MW2 Playing with randomers and clutching against an entire clan of Germans in S&D, Scrapyard with the silenced Famas
    Got a Pavelow in the third round (had forgotten to change my killstreaks) and they rage quitted.
    Sometimes it's better be lucky than good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Some private James Bond games on Estate in MW2 are up there - bringing Floyd out from his hiding place for a game of chess only for him, and then me, to get blown away by the pikey outside with the sniper rifle!

Private games of knifing on Scrapyard and Highrise.

The infamous [you][cant][see][any][of][us] games in MW2.

James Bond in BO, dolphin diving across in front of windows or just jumping up and down like a bunch of morons while James came in the back door (oooh er!).

Riot shields on Bakara, myself and Kaos acting as a shield for Ross sitting in a corner in the C sniper house, Seamus hopping, skipping and jumping away from a quick scoping sniper....ah that was a good game!

Seeing 4 boards lads hide under a trophy system from a Reaper and take it out without anyone dying.

Some of X's perverted private games with riot shields or screwed up sniper classes on Dome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

There was a game of s&d on derailed in mw2 where 5 of us ran riot shields and only one player was allowed kill. We ran together like a swat team and made sh*t of them. There's plenty of random stuff stays with me like when I got a 22 man killstreak in cod4 on crossfire, or when I got killed by my sam turret on array or when I dropped a care package on X and Kells.

The private games are usually the best for memorable moments, getting squashed by a direct impact c4 or decoy grenade bouncing into your foot and killing you stays with you forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

going 30-0 while pissed drunk on a FFA on MW2 is up there

the democratic nuke on Karachi :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Yimrag cackling like a mad man while calling in trapped care packages in a private game of Dropzone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Cossax wrote: »
    Yimrag cackling like a mad man while calling in trapped care packages in a private game of Dropzone!!

The best part was listening to the change in Doc/Lynx/etc voices in the killtalk, I could hear the before and after parts. At first they voices were all full of hope and joy like an orphan opening their first present at Xmas or an obese kid after returning from fat camp to gorge on chocolate.

It changed to someone realising that their xmas present was a scuttery cat turd and the chocolate that passed their lips had one previous owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Epic game of demolition on Nuketown, was having an awful game at the start, got going and turned it over into an 84-24 game:pac: Personal best:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

krudler wrote: »

the democratic nuke on Karachi :pac:

Good times :)

Can't think of anything specifically, but it'd probably be the banter (:rolleyes:) from that summer of Mw2

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Good times :)

Can't think of anything specifically, but it'd probably be the banter (:rolleyes:) from that summer of Mw2

glad someone remembers it. fun times indeed mauling randomers and taking it to clans, having a hoot with riot shields, distracting half the people in the map running around with akimbo 1187s looking upwards :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

World at War (COD 5) was my first Call of Duty game and I remember going home from school and playing Nazi Zombies from 6pm-2am......good times.

That killcam in Scrapyard where I got the Spas kill, and you running across the screen in the background pointing the akimbo 1887's up in the air :D

Or the 5 man ace in Salvage that took the near full 2.5 minutes, was hard to find the last quickscoper :p

And the countless abuse from rushing in Sabo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

A 4v1 clutch with a single Ranger and Riot Shield on Crash. I laughed for at least 10 minutes after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

my first ever nuke on mw2. was chuffed with meself.

getting 36-0 with no nuke on to finish the game

using the javelin glitch on mw2. that was hilarious. people would be running away for their dear life when they saw running at them.

and getting a nice clean double headshot with a sniper rifle in cod4 - across the map

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I'm generally a bit rubbish but I remember destroying a clan of those [haze] pri*ks more or less by myself one night when pissed. Half of the other lads on my team went negative but we still won 65-26 (was on KC). Got some seriously abusive messages from those kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

On Modern Warfare 2 I remember killing a pair of boosters on Highrise right before one of them reached 25 kills to get a nuke. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Spike2010

deccurley wrote: »
    I'm generally a bit rubbish but I remember destroying a clan of those [haze] pri*ks more or less by myself one night when pissed. Half of the other lads on my team went negative but we still won 65-26 (was on KC). Got some seriously abusive messages from those kids.

Them Haze guys on MW3 were the most annoying kids i've ever played against. Don't bump into them too much now though.

That killcam in Scrapyard where I got the Spas kill, and you running across the screen in the background pointing the akimbo 1887's up in the air :D

thats the one, hilarious stuff the whole lobby was giggling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Cossax wrote: »
    The infamous [you][cant][see][any][of][us] games in MW2.

I was thinking about this the other day and thought "Hidden Masters must owe us a ****load in royalty payments"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

It's odd I don't really have any memorable experiences :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

gettin a quad nade on villa that stuck to one guys head on black ops, 6 man stealth bomber on Mw3, running around playing team tac on nuketown an gettin 92 kills with a spas, Jaysus I've had loads of funny moments with the lads that I can't even remember..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

It's odd I don't really have any memorable experiences :/

Me either but I do remember a load of funny experiences
    Probably only floyd might remember this one but
    BROFESSOR OAK

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭_MadRa_

First wall-bang kill-cam.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I remember playing on a CoD4 S&D server on crossfire, first round I get enough kills to unlock the air strike, but save it till the next round. For the next 5-6 rounds, I keep getting enough kills off the AS to get a new one, and have the other team in bits because of it, it felt priceless.

11 tomohawk kills in one match on Blops was a hoot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Me either but I do remember a load of funny experiences
    Probably only floyd might remember this one but
    BROFESSOR OAK

Never gets old. Still laughing at it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

HQ on Pavlov with a KAR98. Hunkered behind the wall trying to hold the radio. Every time someone scaled the wall I almost crapped myself, but managed to hold them off for what seemed like ages.
    Prolly only 4/5 kills, but you try hold the radio there with nothing but a KAR98.

...ah who am I talking to: you kids wouldn't remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Guess its handy having had a PVR to remember all my "Best bits".

Getting #1 on the first week of whiteboys top5 plays in blops was nice, and being in team EU for montage madness was cool too i guess.

Best fun was the many a night playing with the AK lads in MW2/Blops tho, great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

When I was playing with Lee and ade and caught them boosting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

First night us boardies got together....and the rampage started

200-0 win in dom on b-ops

Mike Myers

Sabo on the ps3

Zombies (thanks to Sierra and Coravan for the conversion)

and (i've mentioned this game before) losing a dom game on mw2 in scrapyard :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Oh quite a fun moment was me and Furious getting a 200-0 with the 2 of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

Have some great memories of close games on Call of Duty 4 and World at War, some games of War really went down to the wire. Some great times were had but I can honestly say I haven't had the same fun with Black Ops or Modern Warfare 3.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

CoD4 was one big, memorable experience, competitive or public. Best was probably playing competitive doubles with my brother and going on a 70 something win streak, 6 man SnD and HSnD with my clan and the night going undefeated in Sabotage in a Yank lobby.

Summer of 09(?) playing MW2, first time playing with Boardsies. A time when everyone enjoyed rushing in Sabo for quick W's.

The odd time playing Zombies late night/early hours, namely on Ascension as that was a fun map.

• Advertisement

I thought were going to say summer of 69 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Just in general, World at War so much good fun on that game.
    Mike Myers on Old school CoD4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

There's been a fair few! Can't really pick out one.

LakesKeane wrote: »
    There's been a fair few! Can't really pick out one.

what about the first time you heard my angel like signing?

Headshot wrote: »
    what about the first time you heard my angel like signing?

Well that's a given as #1, he's obviously talking about #2 onwards..

• Advertisement

Well that's a given as #1, he's obviously talking about #2 onwards..

Sounds more like it Lee

Has to be it tbh

me and Lee boosting on Highrise (private game, unbunch your panties) for the lulz and him shooting me in the head before I got a nuke :pac:

Actually do remember that now I think back :D

Advertisement