Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beach near city with good seafood restaurant

Options
  • 02-08-2012 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

Greetings from Limerick

Can anyone recommend a beach in Cork near City please. My little 4 year old would love to run in the sand and make castles this weekend

Also ideally a good seafood restaurant nearby if you can recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Garretstown beach, which I think is really nice, is roughly a 40 minute drive from the city, its about 10 minutes past kinsale and in kinsale you have fishy fishy which is one of the nicest restaurants ive eaten in. It is a bit pricy, but you are getting the feshest of seafoood cooked really well so I thought it was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Olidolly

Hi,

Garretstown beaches (there are two nice long ones) are about 40 mins from Cork (approx 15 mins beyond Kinsale). On the way back you could eat at Fishy Fishy in Kinsale itself which is excellent.

http://fishyfishy.ie/

A shorter trip but much smaller beach is Myrtleville about 20 mins from Cork (10 mins after Carrigaline if you want to get your bearings).
    Bunnyconnellan isn't specifically a fish restaurant but does really good fresh food and you could walk up there from the beach

http://www.bunnyconnellan.ie/

Youghal beach is about 30 mins from Cork
    I would recommend Aherns - again, not specifically seafood but good fresh food. Restaurant is expensive but the selection and prices in the bar are great.

http://www.ahernes.net/

Enjoy your stay and hope the sun shines for you !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

thanks for all the advise guys - fingers crossed on the sun now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

the warren in rosscarberry with o callaghan walshes up the hill in the town

inchydoney has a good enough restraunt with deasys restraunt 6 or 7 mins away.

id rate o callaghans and deasys as being on a par if not better then fishy fishy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

also ive not eaten but dillons in timoleague suppossed to be v good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭donalh087

Balmed Out wrote: »
    id rate o callaghans and deasys as being on a par if not better then fishy fishy.

O'callaghan walsh is quite nice but not very welcoming for a 4 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

Rocky bay is a nice spot if you find it,( i always get lost) followed by finders inn in novohal

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

Rocky Bay is a lovely spot especially if you like a drive through very rural landscapes. Hit for Carrigaline straight through up the hill and keep going until you get to Minane Bridge. Two options here but would suggest keep going straight on till you get to Roberts Cove which also has a beach and a nice bar/restaurant. proceed along the road past roberts cover and watch for a signpost for Rocky bay. Dont know what times Finders Inn are open but you can always back track to Roberts Cove where food is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Could always go east to inch or White bay( near midleton) and go to rosies by aghada pier for a bite,nice restaurant, not pricey and kid friendly...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

If you're in Kinsale, the Dock Beach, just outside the town, is a quieter alternative to Garretstown :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement