Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB and how long?

Options
  • 02-08-2012 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'd say this question has been asked a million times before, but not recently, so I hope no-one minds if I am repeating something.
    I submitted a claim (tenant) about three weeks ago. I know it is early days yet, but I am wondering how long it takes for the first ball to start rolling, so to speak. In your experience guys, when do tenants start to hear anything about their claim? No change on the account claim online. Do we just sit back and forget it for a year - is that how it works? I don't want to keep calling PRTB when there is no news. That grand could come in really handy - we're not made of money. (Landlord is withholding deposit through an estate agent).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I'd say this question has been asked a million times before, but not recently, so I hope no-one minds if I am repeating something.
    I submitted a claim (tenant) about three weeks ago. I know it is early days yet, but I am wondering how long it takes for the first ball to start rolling, so to speak. In your experience guys, when do tenants start to hear anything about their claim? No change on the account claim online. Do we just sit back and forget it for a year - is that how it works? I don't want to keep calling PRTB when there is no news. That grand could come in really handy - we're not made of money. (Landlord is withholding deposit through an estate agent).

Hi!

I sent in my application (as a tenant) June 2011. They rang me in March 2012 with appointment for adjudication April 2012. So it will prob be about 8-10 months. I in the process made a few calls to find out if my application was being processed but they will tell you the same thing over. That there is an 8-10month wait. And then after the adjudication you will then have to wait another couple of months for the dtermination order to be signed and sent to you. Its now August and I am still waiting. They told me it should be with me in the next week.

Hope this helps. It is a very long process....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 renterdublin

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Hi!

I sent in my application (as a tenant) June 2011. They rang me in March 2012 with appointment for adjudication April 2012. So it will prob be about 8-10 months. I in the process made a few calls to find out if my application was being processed but they will tell you the same thing over. That there is an 8-10month wait. And then after the adjudication you will then have to wait another couple of months for the dtermination order to be signed and sent to you. Its now August and I am still waiting. They told me it should be with me in the next week.

Hope this helps. It is a very long process....

Thank you!
    I hope you got your money back. It is very unfair that because I played by the rules (paying last month's rent) that I lose out on money. Was it a straightforward claim in your case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Thank you!
    I hope you got your money back. It is very unfair that because I played by the rules (paying last month's rent) that I lose out on money. Was it a straightforward claim in your case?

Sorry deleted that post and PM'd you... wasnt sure if I gave too much info with dates etc for public forum....

Advertisement