Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal for Milk donations

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Ladies, as one of the blood bikers that deliver this milk to the hospitals, I tip my hat(or helmet to you).
    We see first hand the size of these poor creatures you are helping. When you see a tiny baby, some no bigger than your fist, with more pipes and wires, it is truly humbling to see the difference you make.
    We often get calls to deliver at short notice as the hospital has run short, when a few new premature mothers present themselves.

Keep up the good work and spread the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Andso

No, you pump what u are able and freeze it then next time you pump, put it in fridge for 8 hours and then add to your frozen milk. I was only able to get 4oz at a time and that's what I did. The only thing you can't do is add warm milk to frozen milk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

How long do you get to fill the 15 bottles? LO is 21 weeks now... Think I might be running out of time to donate if they have to be under 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

To ladies who are having trouble expressing it is possible your pump flange, breast bit, is too small. If you are a second time + mom this can often be the case. Do some research and you might find your output increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Hotchkiss

It took me about 7 weeks to do the 14/15 bottles so that wasn't too bad.!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hotchkiss wrote: »
    It took me about 7 weeks to do the 14/15 bottles so that wasn't too bad.!

Thanks. And was it definitely stipulated your baby needed to be under 6 months? I might just give them a bell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Hotchkiss

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Thanks. And was it definitely stipulated your baby needed to be under 6 months? I might just give them a bell :)

My baby at the time was 8 months going into 9 and I didn't have any problems donating they knew about it of course... It's more my milk went to help 5 little babies and they contacted me a few times after to see if I could donate more but at that stage I already had stop breastfeeding or just finishing If you know what I mean but I think for what some posters said here things may have changed when it comes to the age of your baby, best call them and ask them I did it around 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hypergirl

Qq. I just got the starter pack but confused how to throw away the first few drops. I collect direct into a bottle from the pump. How did you manage this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

hypergirl wrote: »
    Qq. I just got the starter pack but confused how to throw away the first few drops. I collect direct into a bottle from the pump. How did you manage this?

Me too! I tried to throw away the first few drops, but when I took the pump off after the let down my boobs just sprayed milk everywhere!!

Yea this happens to me too. Glad I'm not alone.

• Advertisement

Yea this happens to me too. Glad I'm not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I just rang them today to organise sending my milk back. And they somehow inveigled me to donate more! They need milk for older than 6 months old at the moment. So if you were thinking of donating, but thought it was too late - give them a ring.

Advertisement