Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cigs up in price again

• 02-08-2012 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭

just noticed on my shop reciept my pack of major is now 9:25 up from 9:10 !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

These fcukers are going to drive us all to the other side. I'm a tax paying citizen who values his place on the right side of the law. However my principles are being severely tested as of late. I have friends who rely on the rackets, it would be very easy for me to switch also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭ORVEE

Benson now all of a sudden gone up to 9.20.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The Golden Vigina is €4.50 at the moment. I know a lot of people that went from cig to the rollies as it was cheaper, but if the government raises taxes too much, they'll just take in a lot less tax, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,719 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The latest increase has nothing to do with the Government (except for the 20whateveritis%thesedays VAT they get from the increase). It's the tobacco companies who have decided on this one. In fairness though some less popular brands have been reduced but they can't advertise the fact. Easiest thing to do is press all the buttons in the machine in your local pub to get guidelines.

Advertisement