Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another NCPS Clamping Thread :)

Options
  • 02-08-2012 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

Hi :)

I moved into a house with an on street parking permit that i havent got yet.

I got a load of visitors passes off the council while i was waiting for all my docs to come through to send in for the permit.

Anyway, for the past 2 weeks ive been using these visitors passes, and got clamped yesterday with the visitor pass on.

What they said was i didnt fill in the time correctly. Its a 24 hour pass, and i left out the time part of it, but had the dates scratched off correctly.

Even the clamper that took off the clamp said it was very harsh. I accept the fault was mine for not correctly filling it in but would you think an appeal woould be worth the hassle?

I thought i was doing every thing by the book, to get caught out is quite frustrating..

Do yous reckon the appeal would get through considering im waiting on my permit now?

Thanks
    Neil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

What part of the country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Blanchguy wrote: »
    What part of the country are you in?

Dublin. In the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

Well if it was on a public road it was DSPS that clamped you. There is a complaints process and it might be well worth your while writing a letter...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If you really want to p!$$ them off request that the permit show your address in Irish, then sit back and watch the fun begin :)

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I've never seen one of the passes, so do you just mark one date or two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Actually, there's an issue either way. Let's say you were to put in the 2nd August with no time on the basis that that would cover the whole of the 2nd, the problem would be that you could then add 11:59pm which would mean it then covers the whole of the 3rd so you get 48 hours instead of 24. Obviously appeal if it's free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Interesting perspective from the French.
    ........the French method is to apply superglue to the lock of a wheelclamp weather or not it is on your car. This makes the whole operation a nightmare for the operators and the soon give up on the idea.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/jul/31/car-clamping-howto

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Putting superglue into a car clamp would be criminal destruction of property. We don't condone such ideas here.

Stick to the topic here. No off-topic discussion on the rights or wrongs of clamping.

dudara

Advertisement