Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheak in and Security procedure at Dublin

Options
  • 02-08-2012 12:30pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 31

Bit of a nervous flyer here.
    I'm flying for the first time in nearly 15 years tomorrow.

I have cheeked in via my iPhone and the aer lingus app and got the QR code
    Dose this mean when i turn up at the airport i just go state into the security Que ?
    when i get to the top of the Que do i produce my iphone with QR code and passboard to security before proceeding to the security cheak area ?

When i get to the security area do i place my carry on bag and clear Liquids bag separately on the xray conveyor belt along with my shoes and jacket ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yes, you can proceed straight to the security queue, that's assuming you have carry-on bags only.

The person at the head of the security queue only needs to see a boarding pass or QRCode, they don't need to see your passport. There is a recoded announcement on a loop telling what they need to see.

No need to take off your shoes unless asked to but do take off your belt as otherwise the metal will probably set off the scanner alarm.

Grab one of the plastic trays and put your clear bag with liquids in it with your belt, jacket and anything else that might set off the alarm like the watch. Put your mobile phone (switched off) and any electronic gadgets in your main bag. You can put your bag in that tray or a separate tray or just plonk it straight on the conveyor by itself i.e. you don't have to cram everything into one tray.

Since you flew last, most credit cards and the like now have chips in them so you need to put your wallet in your main bag, do not carry it through the scanner.

Don't be alarmed (pardon the pun) if the scanner goes off when you walk through it, it is set to randomly go off for a certain % of people who do not have anything suspicious on their person, you will be gently frisked and sent on your way if this happens.

More info here and note the 'Hand Baggage FAQs ' link on the left.....

http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/airport-security.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Is it a requirement to turn off your mobile phone or just better for your phone? I've never turned it off going through security.

I usually wear shoes that are easy to take off/put on and take them off anyway. No point waiting til someone tells you to take them off as it seems to differ between the different staff that's working, so I just do it anyway, unless the airport has no policy at all about shoes.
    Also if you've a laptop, it needs to come out of the bag and go in a tray. They've recently also asked for any electronics equipment to go separately as well, so had to take out digital camera and nintendo DS separately as well. In the past they've requested to see any umbrellas, as they examine the spokes in them. They didn't do that last time though, so don't know if they've stopped doing that completely now.

Advertisement