Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Intercom for cheap ?

Options
  • 02-08-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a DIY Video Intercom for cheap ? Preferably 12volts at the door and a receiver/screen that plugs into a standard socket.

Any ideas would be great?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

In my experience cheap kits are just that, cheap. They'll work grand for a while then they start to break down and you won't get parts when it does.

Have you an amount you want to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

100 euro is lots for me. No need to open door.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You will not get anything decent for €100. Your best bet would be to have a look on eBay but be warned, you might be replacing it sooner than you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Any other suggestions plz?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Fred is right.You are not going to get anything decent.Take a look around some of the suppliers. At least you can see what your getting & you will have some comeback . If you really want to buy cheap go to E Bay or some Chinese online shop, but consider this. If the online cheap stuff was any good, we installers would be buying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mrbad

KoolKid wrote: »
    Fred is right.You are not going to get anything decent.Take a look around some of the suppliers. At least you can see what your getting & you will have some comeback . If you really want to buy cheap go to E Bay or some Chinese online shop, but consider this. If the online cheap stuff was any good, we installers would be buying it.
    definately going to have to spend on this.they are well worth it though.i use siedle system.cost a bomb but,quailty is excellent and they look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

B&Q sell some cheap kit, it'll work but don't expect anything special

Advertisement