Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courtmacsherry recommended?

Options
  • 02-08-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

A week with tweenager in August. What do ye reckon? Will we have fun?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

I come from courtmac originally and its good craic all right if the sun is out. rent a boat for some wreck fishing or head to dunworly, Inchidoney, or Broadstrand for the beach. There is also horse riding, quadbiking and Kayaking available.

I think this weekend is the harbour festival so the place will be really buzzing. Dillons in timoleague (a 20 minute walk along the dedicated path) is one of the nice places to go for a meal. The Golden Pheasant is great for icecream, cakes, sandwiches etc. and I swear the best coffee west of the Bandon roundabout. (I know some of the baristas were trained by Brock Lewin of the Badger&Dodo Coffee roasters). The Lifeboat Inn is good for a meal and eveing craic, usually with music. Its got a garden overlooking the bay as well which is great with a pint of Bulmers and a bit of sun.

Hope this helps a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

should do.
    Above reply excellent,
    Loads of small festivals in area in august. Places of interest nearby include glandore, drombeg, rosscarberry, clonakilty, galley head, timoleague, kilbrittain and kinsale.

check out surf lessons in inchydoney or garretstown for the teenager. cinema in clon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

What are beaches like locally (as if the weather will suit)?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Courtmacsherry beach is good if its to stay on the beach. Lovely fine sand. Personnally I wouldnt swim there but plenty of others do.

Broadstrand is approx 1 mile from courtmac is a good beach for swimming.

Dunworly is 15-20mins and popular as it is sheltered but it is more suited sometimes to bodyboarding rather than swimming.

Inchidony is a very popular beach for all of the above.

Advertisement