Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Fidelma story - trains, plumbs and automobiles

• 26-07-2012 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

We've had the train-ticket incident, now we've got a problem with the family plumbing, what's next in this exciting success story?:(
    THE HUSBAND of Fine Gael Senator Fidelma Healy Eames has been ordered to pay over €12,000 to a builder who had sued the couple after he was forced off a job he was carrying out at their home.

Judge Rory McCabe ruled in favour of tradesman Michael Allen at Galway Civil Circuit Court this morning.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/court-orders-fg-senators-husband-to-pay-plumber-3180642.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Does the Judge know who she is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

hardCopy wrote: »
    Does the Judge know who she is?

I expect her husband said to him "Do you know who my wife is?", and he was doomed to failure after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Serves him right :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭MarkHitide

Another Teacher In The Oireachtas!
    No wonder I feel condescended to everytime they try to explain their raison d'-bleedin''-etre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

the space was originally designed to be a walk in wardrobe and there was no way of fitting the tub in without more work. So their hot tub was too big for their walk-in wardrobe…

It heard that the young plumber was not VAT or tax registered at the time and had been paid in cash by Mr Eames.

Ruling in favour of Mr Allen, Judge McCabe said; “The fact that the defendant tried to rewrite the contract and force the plaintiff to accept a new deal at less than the agreed price speaks for itself.”

http://www.joe.ie/news-politics/current-affairs/one-irish-senator-is-in-court-today-because-her-jacuzzi-is-too-big-0027212-1
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/court-orders-fg-senators-husband-to-pay-plumber-3180642.html

You know you got problems when your jacuzzi is too big for your walk-in wardrobe so you go to court with your cash-job plumber over it.

You stay classy FG.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Paging all shills.....

I repeat, paging all shills

Ghandee wrote: »
    Paging all shills.....

I repeat, paging all shills

Ugh, FG senators have to resort to this cos u refuse 2 pay your household charge........

mikom wrote: »
    Ugh, FG senators have to resort to this cos you refuse 2 pay your household charge........

Fueling the black market with cash in hand jobs, tax avoidance, and vat dodging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

It's comforting to know the country is still run by shisters:(

Fueling the black market with cash in hand jobs, tax avoidance, and vat dodging.

Ah shur, a quick soak in the jacuzzi and you come out whiter than white.

• Advertisement

Lest we forget.......
    Galway Fine Gael Senator Fidelma Healy Eames has called on manufacturers of gaming consoles such as Xbox and Playstation, to incorporate a maximum usage time in the interests of health. She made the call following a coroner’s report of a 20 year old UK citizen who died from Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) as a result of excessive use of the Xbox.
    The 20 year old, who was otherwise of good health, developed a blood clot in his lungs after spending 12 hour sessions playing the Xbox.

“It is only now that research on the addictive nature of these gaming consoles is beginning to emerge. What we need is quick action; and I believe it is not unreasonable to demand some class of a microchip to be installed that shuts the game down after two hours, and that it cannot be restarted for another period of time.

“We are soon to be putting images on cigarette boxes to prevent smoking because of the impact on health and its addictive quality. This is not far behind in respect of lasting damage.

“Apart from the health point of view, thousands of our children, teens and even young married men are spending endless hours on these machines. Just ask parents how difficult it is. Prolonged periods of usage is negatively impacting on education outcomes as well as emotional and mental health.

This call is not about one death, which is reason enough in itself. Its about the impact the gaming industry without reasonable controls can have on young people’s minds and the quality of their lives.

I will be writing to the National Consumer Agency asking them to communicate with manufacturers to see what steps they will take to ensure responsible, healthy usage.
    http://fidelmahealyeames.ie/2011/08/03/cap-required-on-time-spent-computer-gaming-%E2%80%93-healy-eames/

These are our leaders.
    Jesus wept.

Fueling the black market with & hand jobs, tax avoidance, and vat dodging.

Lest we forget.......

These are our leaders.
    Jesus wept.

I surprised she's not demanding to make them waterproof:pac:

She seems to be telling somewhat of a different story.:pac:

What arrogance :o
    I am pleased that the judge dismissed the case against me and that the case has now come to an end.
    The judge also reduced the claim against my husband Michael Eames for a significant sum, in excess of €10,000.
    We are satisfied with the outcome

http://fidelmahealyeames.ie/2012/07/26/reaction-by-senator-healy-eames-on-the-judgement-in-the-plumbing-case/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Ugh, FG senators have to resort to this cos you refuse 2 pay your household charge........

Fueling the black market with cash in HAND JOBS , tax avoidance, and vat dodging.

Tee hee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭MarkHitide

I am pleased that the judge dismissed the case against me and that the case has now come to an end.

"I am proud that we can afford to waste three years of a building tradesman's life in these difficult times by trying to rewrite the contract " and force the plaintiff to accept a new deal at less than the agreed price" (Judge McCabe)."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

We were getting the sausages in our usual establishment today when in walked a I'm-a-gee-bag-with-a-double-barrel-name-because-one-name-is-too-common-for-me-and-my-precious-family- replicant with her hen-pecked hubbie and "adorable" little Lorcans. First thing she did was ask the waitress if they could sit in the (closed) back section so they did not have to sit near the other people!!! For real, and out loud!!!
    She then spent the entire time we were there getting up, walking over to the waitress and asking for things. We sat and laughed quietly. Classic was when the Lorcans and Daddie ordered three Cokes and she loudly informed the waitress that they would be having fresh Orange juice as they were not allowed coke. I choked on my snots a bit at that. There's a certain breed in Ireland that really get up my hole and Ms Eames-Healy-One-step-from-the-bogs-really seems to be firmly in that class. I presume they will be audited for evasion of Vat and such like?
    On another note, wtf with the cash in hand lad sueing?? One for Revenue surely?? Or is that sort of thing just for us mugs that actually register and pay Vat/Tax etc??

At least she's fighting the corner for the poor & unemployed in the seanad:rolleyes:

19 July 2012

"Will the Leader ask the Minister to attend the House early in the autumn because we will be facing into a budget and people will be worried about certainty as they approach a new year with regard to their disposable income and what they can rely on receiving if they are out of work? The Minister must address the issue of sick pay. I completely disagree with her that the employer should pay."

Boombastic wrote: »
    At least she's fighting the corner for the poor & unemployed in the seanad:rolleyes:

19 July 2012

"Will the Leader ask the Minister to attend the House early in the autumn because we will be facing into a budget and people will be worried about certainty as they approach a new year with regard to their disposable income and what they can rely on receiving if they are out of work? The Minister must address the issue of sick pay. I completely disagree with her that the employer should pay."

I don't think that anyone will be getting anything from the Healy-Eames, because it seems that they don't like disposing of any of their disposable income, if rail tickets and plumbing bills are anything to go by.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Have revenue gone after the plumber ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Fidelma Healy Eames, yet another reason why Seanad Éireann must be abolished and all talk of "reform" of this archaic elitist Anglo-Irish institution by self-interested political leeches on the Irish taxpayer should be dismissed with the contempt and offence that platitude has always deserved.

Seanad Éireann is nothing - nothing - but a way to reward political supporters and people rejected by the electorate, be they Eoghan Harris, Marie Louise O'Donnell, Mary O'Rourke or this Healy Eames parasite.

For that very reason of political patronage, and that alone, I can't see Ireland's House of Lords being abolished by a politician.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Tee hee

She's got my vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Cash-in-hand jobs - Black market

Cash in hand jobs - Pink market

Punctuation, the difference between knowing your sh1t and knowing you're sh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Cash-in-hand jobs - Black market

Cash in hand jobs - Pink market

Punctuation, the difference between knowing your sh1t and knowing you're sh1t

Ever hear of full stops......

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

bgrizzley wrote: »
    Ever hear of full stops......

:D

You clearly have, I just try not to use them to excess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

RTE reports that this upstanding member of the Oireachtas also had her car siezed by gardai last month for no tax!
    What a piece of work.:mad:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0802/fidelma-healy-eames-tax.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/fg-senator-admits-her-car-seized-for-no-tax-disc-3188460.html
    A FINE GAEL Senator whose car was seized by gardai in Galway, has admitted to being "completely in the wrong" for failing to display a current tax disc.

The mercedes of Fidelma Healy Eames was seized during rush hour between Moneenageisha Cross and Cemetry Cross in Galway city on July 2 of this year.

The Galway senator has been in the news on a number of occasions in the past month.

She was fined for boarding a train without a ticket on July 12 and last week was involved in a court case taken by a plumber over a failure to pay for works carried out at her Oranmore home.

On that occasion the judge dismissed the case against her but ordered her husband Michael Eames to pay over €12,000 to Michael Allen.

The seizure of her car occurred in the middle of the Volvo Ocean Race which saw thousands of tourists descend on the city.

Ms Healy Eames confirmed today that the car was seized and admitted that she had been in the wrong in the matter.

The Galway Senator said she had been planning on selling the car and was using public transport to travel to and from Dublin, as a result she neglected the car tax.

She added that she had been left 'mortified' after the car was seized by contractors operating on behalf of gardai during rush hour.

And she added that on this matter she was totally in the wrong.

“I was using public transport up and down to Dublin and I had neglected the car tax. There is no excuse. I was completely in the wrong,” she told the Galway Advertiser.

Under road traffic legislation gardaí are empowered to seize a car if its tax is one month or more out of date or not properly displayed.

- Caroline Crawford

Shes caught again

Cute whorism aside, is this not an insight into the government as a whole....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Is there anything this woman wants to pay for at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Can a member of the Seanad be fired and if so, how?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

listermint wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/fg-senator-admits-her-car-seized-for-no-tax-disc-3188460.html

Shes caught again

Cute whorism aside, is this not an insight into the government as a whole....

The Senate not the govt but yes I'd have to agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I never even heard of her five minutes ago and now I feel like phoning Joe Duffy. Now that's a real sense of disgust.

This is the problem, we have these people in power (yes i know the Seanad is a talking shop but she is representative of the rest) who are squeezing the sh1te out of John Q Taxpayer, but they will try and do everything in their power to not bear any real burden themselves, rather line their own pockets.

Drives me mad. Pun fcuking intended.

Vote Fine gael for honesty, transparency and accountability:D
    Doesn't believe she should pay on the Train.
    Her Husband and herself dont believe they should pay tradesmen but if they do they prefer to pay cash in hand.
    And road tax, shure thats only for the plebs.
    Sicken yer hole:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Morlar wrote: »

Okay , i rephrase. 'The political class' we have here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Without the car she'll get caught for no bus ticket next!

• Advertisement

Without the car she'll get caught for no bus ticket next!
    I'd say the next ticket she wont be getting will be for election to the Dail the next time around.

Triangla wrote: »
    Can a member of the Seanad be fired and if so, how?
    Hopefully out of a canon and into Galway Bay. :D

Having work done on the black market
    No ticket for train
    No Road Tax..................................................................................................

I'll try that today and let ye know how I get on, what next:rolleyes:

This woman is scum, she is not a Representative of me or my people:pac:

Hope all you 'tax evaders' who didn't pay the hhc are happy?

Poor Fidelma can't even pay her motor tax now as result of the coffers drying up....:pac:

Hope all you 'tax evaders' who didn't pay the hhc are happy?

Poor Fidelma can't even pay her motor tax now as result of the coffers drying up....:pac:

Will we have a whip around for the gersha?

• Advertisement

I think there should be a Healy-Eames forum, it'll get bigger than After Hours in no time.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I think there should be a Healy-Eames forum, it'll get bigger than After Hours in no time.
    What would we call it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

This is the example set by our 'peers'...

no wonder nobody gives a fcuk about paying their way, i'm starting to wonder why I bother myself tbh

What would we call it?

101 tips on how to sponge your way through life:cool:

Boombastic wrote: »
    101 tips on how to sponge your way through life:cool:
    Freeloaders Hypocrites and Excrement Forum (the FHE Forum). :D

What would we call it?

If we incorporate the Healy-Raes we could call it "Scraping the bottom of the double barrel" forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is she going for some sort of record in pissing the public off? Seriously contemptible person... This would have been bad enough during the reign of FF, but with all the promises of fairness, threats about not 'paying your share' and bluster from FG about how we're all in this together; her actions seem even worse. The bint should retire, and FG should be coming out against her in the strongest possible way.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Attabear

Morlar wrote: »

I thought the senate was considered part of the government?

Either way, not a good move for this particular chair warmer.

I suppose Big Phil will commend her on doing her "patriotic duty"

Has our dear leader Inda made any comment?

• Advertisement
Advertisement