Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Fidelma story - trains, plumbs and automobiles

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

To 2 too two.

Are you Thomas The Tank Engine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

She also knows the best photographer/photoshop editor in the world.
    Her official picture on her home page, twitter and wiki:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6d/F.HealyEames.jpg

What she really looks like:
    http://cdn.independent.ie/multimedia/dynamic/01077/Fidelma-Healy-Eame_1077003t.jpg

For any non drinkers, alcohol has a similar effect to photoshop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

mikom wrote: »
    You mean the Enda that put her forward for the senate after she became unelectable in Galway.
    Great decision maker that lad........

He gave the thumb up anyway...

http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Screen-Shot-2012-07-18-at-21.20.18.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Cienciano wrote: »
    She also knows the best photographer/photoshop editor in the world.
    I believe the correct term is 'turd polisher'.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rugrats

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/53984/ive-been-left-reeling-by-tsunami-of-events-says-healy-eames-after-car-tax-revelation

They came home after "being away" and to their surprise the garage had two stories instead of one.

Very convenient altogether...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You mean the Enda that put her forward for the senate after she became unelectable in Galway.
    Great decision maker that lad........

I think Enda Kenny is to Politics what the mad priest, Fr Con Horan is to Sports.

There's bound to be one of those bio-pics, and a suitable title would be "Short arms, deep pockets".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

rugrats wrote: »
    http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/53984/ive-been-left-reeling-by-tsunami-of-events-says-healy-eames-after-car-tax-revelation

They came home after "being away" and to their surprise the garage had two stories instead of one.

Very convenient altogether...

A mix up with the plans and the builder put a second story on to the garage.

Would you ask my arse. Jesus you'd want to be some tool to swallow that lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Probably won't pay him either for the "mix up".

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

I hate this country. While we're all outraged right now, in a week or two we will have stopped talking about it and she will stay on in her position and we will have a new scandal to be angry about.

The PR advice you get in this country is just "ride it out", eventually "It'll be grand". If we were in another European country she would be shamed into retiring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

To be honest - I think FHE should consider her position or if not then Enda Kenny should consider it for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

scholar007 wrote: »
    To be honest - I think FHE should consider her position or if not then Enda Kenny should consider it for her.

NEVER!!!
    She said it was sensationalised by the meedja and not as bad as it was made out.......I think that was in the Galway Advertiser, I can't be bothered checking:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Reacting to the news this afternoon, the Taoiseach says Senator Healy Eames will face the ultimate sanction when she is judged by the public.

http://www.galwaynews.ie/27110-taoiseach-condemns-senator-healy-eames-not-paying-car-tax

Arggh, ya fuckin' gimp, she wasn't elected by her area in the last election, yet you gave her a place in the senate.
    Some bollox that lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Great thread title, OP. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Arggh, ya fuckin' gimp, she wasn't elected by her area in the last election, yet you gave her a place in the senate.
    Some bollox that lad.

Fcuking priceless, what a tool...

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Any woman with a double-barrelled name not related to royalty should be clubbed to insensibility with her own shoe.

With that double barrel if you took out "ealyE" you would make a Hames of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,595 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Being in denial seems to be quite the thing in Irish politics.
    Fidelma Healy Eames: 'They are making out like I am totally materialistic, that I'm on a gravy train'

Controversial senator enjoys romantic holiday in Kenya after aid agency paid for couple's travel

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/fidelma-healy-eames-they-are-making-out-like-i-am-totally-materialistic-that-im-on-a-gravy-train-3203574.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ah come on, she's entitled to a holiday :cool:

Every time she opens her mouth, she does even more damage.
    The humanity of working from 8-5 every day..

• Advertisement

You think she'd have learned by now:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

ejmaztec wrote: »

While she is in Kenya she is getting someone in to do a small job on her house, she needs the dog kennel painted. However the painter got the instructions mixed up and her house now looks like this.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Ah come on, she's entitled to a holiday :cool:

Every time she opens her mouth, she does even more damage.
    The humanity of working from 8-5 every day..

Holidays? Something else she doesn't pay for. The only person in Ireland with no outgoings.:P

I nearly fell off the chair laughing when i read this bit

".....She continued: "It's very hard work. You have two-and-a-half to three weeks' work in one week. We start at 8 in the morning and don't finish until 5 or 6. That's a lot more work than a day at home......."

:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I'd say the next ticket she wont be getting will be for election to the Dail the next time around.

I wouldnt be so sure.

This is the country whose electorate re-elected Bertie Ahern, Ray Burke, Liam Lawlor, Charles Haughey, Michael Lowry, Brian Lenihan Senior among a whole host of others.

I agree.
    She's only been rejected by the electorate three times. Maybe this is her way of gaining publicity and name recognition.

• Advertisement

bijapos wrote: »
    While she is in Kenya she is getting someone in to do a small job on her house, she needs the dog kennel painted. However the painter got the instructions mixed up and her house now looks like this.

Bistoville

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Boombastic wrote: »
    I nearly fell off the chair laughing when i read this bit

".....She continued: "It's very hard work. You have two-and-a-half to three weeks' work in one week. We start at 8 in the morning and don't finish until 5 or 6. That's a lot more work than a day at home......."

:pac::pac:

Exactly, I read that article and thought. Good lord, you have absolutely no idea how the real world works do you?!

Poor, poor lady... had to work from 8 am until 5 pm. Will the tragedies never stop for her!

If working a full 8 hour day means 2.5 to 3 times a regular week are they really only working 3 hours a day usually?

She had no iron and had to have someone wash her hair. That's definitely a breach of human rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

jujibee wrote: »
    Exactly, I read that article and thought. Good lord, you have absolutely no idea how the real world works do you?!

Poor, poor lady... had to work from 8 am until 5 pm. Will the tragedies never stop for her!

If working a full 8 hour day means 2.5 to 3 times a regular week are they really only working 3 hours a day usually?

Yes this obviously is a 'witch hunt' and "we are in danger of losing perspective of stuff that's normal and almost everyday":pac:

3 hours a day, bill for 36;):pac:

• Advertisement

She had no iron and had to have someone wash her hair. That's definitely a breach of human rights.

Washing one's hair with an iron seems like a strange thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The photos with the expensive looking hat in the indo are hilarious too.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Ivor Callely with tits, get her out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Ivor Callely with tits, get her out.

FFS! Just spat my tea on the computer after reading that! Class description! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

She will be getting the boot next time around i should hope.

Show Time wrote: »
    She will be getting the boot next time around i should hope.

More likely to be elected and appointed Finance Minister.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Worse, she had to hold her mouth closed while someone washed her hair. I can't imagine the horror she must have suffered :P

Even though it's the Sindo which I detest, that article is actually very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

i would love to kick this bint in the face repeatedly , but it would actually do her a favour .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,595 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Haven't the Rwandan people suffered enough already?

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement