Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coke -still the real thing?

Options
  • 02-08-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Has anyone noticed a difference in cocal cola and how quick it goes flat. Before a can would be good fro hours after opening now in a short time al the fizz is f*****

Some places sell 24 pack of cans for 11 euro. i wondered if is all the real thing or if there is someone selling counterfeit coke. Is that possible?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

That link is not about counterfeit coke, its about coke sourced from another country?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

If only lifes problems were so easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Snacks & Sweets

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭whiteonblu

Oryx wrote: »
    That link is not about counterfeit coke, its about coke sourced from another country?
    you're right sorry. i just did a quick google to see if there was anything like my exp on the web. Did not see the ' ' around fake

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

This may sound mad but if you open a can of Coke outside it goes flat almost straight away, even when you take it outside after opening it inside, it goes flat. It stays fizzy much, much longer indoors. I noticed this over 20yrs ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Counterfeit coke, I'm not so sure. But living in a border area (NI & ROI) shops locally tend to get the UK or NI coke. It tastes nothing like the coke you get in ROI shop's. This practice seemed to start around 3 years ago, it has stopped me buying it, I buy pepsi now instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

drank coca cola my whole life, probably 35 years. I'd never drank pepsi, people ask me why, cannot give them an answer, i just never tried it.

I was out for a jog about 6 months ago, needed a drink bad, stopped off at a shop all they had was pepsi max, so i bought a can, been drinking it ever since.

I was at my sisters for lunch a few weeks ago, all she had was coca cola, one mouthful, i couldn't swallow it, it tasted disgusting, couldn't believe I'd been drinking that rot for 35 years. Pepsi Max is just delicious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 YoungTrouble

johndoe99 wrote: »
    drank coca cola my whole life, probably 35 years. I'd never drank pepsi, people ask me why, cannot give them an answer, i just never tried it.

I was out for a jog about 6 months ago, needed a drink bad, stopped off at a shop all they had was pepsi max, so i bought a can, been drinking it ever since.

I was at my sisters for lunch a few weeks ago, all she had was coca cola, one mouthful, i couldn't swallow it, it tasted disgusting, couldn't believe I'd been drinking that rot for 35 years. Pepsi Max is just delicious.

Stop drinking that stuff and you might lose the belly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Stop drinking that stuff and you might lose the belly.
    :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Lots of coke from the UK in the shops now. It's never tasted as good as Irish coke. Never as fizzy and leaves a horrid aftertaste. Bottles are a different shape and have a yellow GB stamp on them. Cans just have a yellow GB stamp. Never, ever buy english coke. It's horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Your can should be very cold before opening. You boil liquids to get the fizz out, so being warm releases gases easier. I also imagine it might benefit of being cold for several days.

You should rock the can as little as possible too, as swirling it will release gas. So if you take loads of small sips it will go flat quicker. I cycle and have drank a can the odd time while on the bike, it goes flat really quick with all the tiny shaking going on.

With 2L bottles I chill properly and carefully pour it out in 1 go without it "glugging" at the top, i.e. never let the neck area fill up with coke, it should always have head room when pouring. And be gentle putting it back in the fridge, I store it upright in the door. I have seen people moan about coke going flat in 2L, but then see how they handle the bottles and it is little wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marknine

Is it just me?
    Over the last weeks or so, I have drank Coca Cola (Coke) that has been bought in 2Ltr bottles And it has tasted like really cheap non brand cola. Is there something wrong with coke ?

This coke was bought in shops from Donegal to Dublin and from Lidl to Dunnes.
    It just seems to taste like a real cheap cola and I am now finding the cola from Lidl and Aldi much better.
    Has anyone else found this ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

I have drank Coca Cola (Coke) that has been bought in 2Ltr bottles And it has tasted like really cheap non brand cola.

There is imported counterfeit Coca Cola in the market alright and there has been for sometime now but generally yeah Coca Cola does taste crap compared to years ago, they changed something in the brand but I don't know what.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Guys i was actually going to start a thread on this last week.
    I buy coke and Pepsi, usually Pepsi, i brought coke last week on special, was very watered down muck.
    Then today i buy Pepsi in Dunnes 2 bottles for 3 Eur, again it tastes watered down muck, i dunno what is happening but i wont be buying it again on offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

I know absolutely nothing about Pepsi, but regarding Coke, would I be right in thinking maybe the change in taste, fizziness etc, is due to Coke now being only manufactured north of the Border?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Over in America coke has gone to hell because they stopped using sugar when making it and changed to high fructose corn syrup. It's awful

Only place you can get decent cola now be it Coke or Pepsi is in restaurants or cinemas who make there own with syrup.

You can actually buy your own coke syrup in north america in places like costco or sams club.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marknine

I bought a can of coke last night and I have to say, it tasted just as cheep as the 2Ltr bottles of coke I moaned about. Coke was one of those drinks I really used to like, but now I dont think I will ever buy it again. I just cant believe how bad it has become over the last few months. Its saying soomething when a 2Ltr 79c bottle of cola from Lidl is better than CokaCola, the supposedly REAL THING. Yuk!

• Advertisement
Advertisement