Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Readings

Options
  • 02-08-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good fortune teller in Dublin or surrounds who they found to be good with love and relationship readings..

Did they get predictions right or did they just tell you what you want to hear, im going to fortune tellers for 18 years and have never had one that has gotten my love life correct.

Find this really disappointing, hoping someone out there can prove me wrong but i think i have lost hope and faith in psychics..

Look forward to any replies : )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 miss sugarray

who have you gone to ? :confused:I would think most of the physics are posted on some thread or another here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

NonSickle wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good fortune teller in Dublin or surrounds who they found to be good with love and relationship readings..

Did they get predictions right or did they just tell you what you want to hear, im going to fortune tellers for 18 years and have never had one that has gotten my love life correct.

Find this really disappointing, hoping someone out there can prove me wrong but i think i have lost hope and faith in psychics..

Look forward to any replies : )

This should tell you everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NonSickle

who have you gone to ? :confused:I would think most of the physics are posted on some thread or another here

I have been to see;
    Carol Byrne
    Jenny Jones
    Linda Green
    Joan Glennon
    The Murphy's
    Eileen on Thomas Street
    Dymphna years ago
    Alice in Wexford
    Denis Mckenzie

i have written all the readings down, so can anyone recommend someone they found good.

Bad Panda wrote: »
    This should tell you everything.

I think so..

I have been to see;
    Carol Byrne
    Jenny Jones
    Linda Green
    Joan Glennon
    The Murphy's
    Eileen on Thomas Street
    Dymphna years ago
    Alice in Wexford
    Denis Mckenzie

i have written all the readings down, so can anyone recommend someone they found good.

Dymphna gets great reviews, maybe its you ? maybe there's nothing interesting to say, Im not being smart, they dont tell me about kids , because Im not having any :confused: or maybe its to far in the future.:rolleyes: they can only read up to 3years or less.

• Advertisement

Dymphna gets great reviews, maybe its you ? maybe there's nothing interesting to say, Im not being smart, they dont tell me about kids , because Im not having any :confused: or maybe its to far in the future.:rolleyes: they can only read up to 3years or less.

Im booked to see dymphna again, hadnt realised it was her i seen in my early 20's, according to her i would have kids and be married years now with name of the guy and how many kids etc. Cant be me and to have went to all them and written everything down and each reading was different and there's lots going on in my life.

Thats crazy to say theres nothing interesting to say, if psychics are genuine they will see, illness, travel, work, study, family, where someone will live when they will buy a house etc. I have had relationships but they never pick up on them, maybe i worded my question wrong in that it was only my love life they got wrong, not anything was right when i look back.

Wondering if i should spend the money for dympna now. Linda Green was supposed to be very good too but her reading didnt come to pass either and some of those listed above i have seen twice and never got the same reading again.

m
    Im booked to see dymphna again, hadnt realised it was her i seen in my early 20's, according to her i would have kids and be married years now with name of the guy and how many kids etc. Cant be me and to have went to all them and written everything down and each reading was different and there's lots going on in my life.

Thats crazy to say theres nothing interesting to say, if psychics are genuine they will see, illness, travel, work, study, family, where someone will live when they will buy a house etc. I have had relationships but they never pick up on them, maybe i worded my question wrong in that it was only my love life they got wrong, not anything was right when i look back.

Wondering if i should spend the money for Dyanna now. Linda Green was supposed to be very good too but her reading didnt come to pass either and some of those listed above i have seen twice and never got the same reading again.
    Sorry I dont know you from Adam, you did say it was just your love life only , so its not crazy some people may have nothing happening in that section of their life. Sure you started a thread about dymphna few months back as if you never had gone to her before. and if you write everything down why didnt you see that you had gone to her way back...:D:D if they are all wrong then why are you going back to spend 80 euros ,,the readers that I went to have told me the same things out of seven readers two were crap.

m
    Sorry I dont know you from Adam, you did say it was just your love life only , so its not crazy some people may have nothing happening in that section of their life. Sure you started a thread about dymphna few months back as if you never had gone to her before. and if you write everything down why didnt you see that you had gone to her way back...:D:D if they are all wrong then why are you going back to spend 80 euros ,,the readers that I went to have told me the same things out of seven readers two were crap.

I went years ago and only came across my readings recently and i had no clue years ago who dympna was, only coped when i twigged over a bathroom shop, i had read about her on here and never pieced the connection.

Fair enough get the love part wrong, why get everything else wrong then, i have easily been to 15 fortune tellers and all i have to show is pieces of paper with stuff written down that never came true.

Carol Byrne supposed to be amazing, she written the stuff down, none of it manifested and that was 5 years ago plenty of time for it. So not like i only write what i want to hear, she written it down so no errors on my behalf.

If you read my thread on dympna you will see im debating if i will go, no need to be so smart, dont know why your so defensive, maybe you want to believe what they tell you. I was like that too and then the sad fact kicks in that fortune tellers are playing with our minds..

Anyway leave it now its not worth the agro to be fair, if i go in october i will go but if the reading is crap, im not paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

As a reader, I wanted to mention that love is one of the most difficult areas for a psychic to get exactly right; not impossible, but often difficult. Which is not a great admission because relationships are our most common question.

There are three reasons for this in my experience:

First you are dealing with two people, only one of whom (usually) you are reading for. Some things - like the continuation of a relationship and sometimes one person changes their mind - that is not a "get out of jail free card" for readers, but it does explain some of the more confusing outcomes. Sometimes I just have to tell clients (most often her but sometimes him) that this is confusing because so and so is confused and does not know what they want. Until they decide the future is undecided, I can read for the most likely outcome, but it may or may not work out that way.

Second - related to the above is the energies around the situation can simply shift and change; this is true of any reading and most of the time the more specific the question, the clearer answer that is provided by the cards (at least in my experience).

Third - and this is the BIG ONE, it is possible for a client to be so emotionally bound up in a hoped for outcome that it makes a difficult for empathic types of readers to filter that out from the actual facts. In fact, sometimes the client's emotions even seem to influence the cards, again not an excuse just that I have seen it happen (the Readers job is to figure out when this is going on, if it is).

There is also the natural human tendency not to want to give out bad news and both tell the client what they want to hear and/or the client doesn't really hear exactly what you are saying only responds to the parts that fit their deepest desires and mentally edits out the rest.

Both of these can happen and one of the "darker" sides of what I think of as "psychoctainment" (especially in short readings, often given by phone reading sites and yes I have worked at these) is to just say "ah yes, he's your soul mate." Well, that's fine if the Reader really believes that, but if they are just saying it to go along (or because the client obviously only wants that answer or they are going to leave) it can come back to haunt everyone a few months or years down the line.

I can't count the number of readings of done where the client started out with "But psychic(s) I went to told me so and so was my soul mate why did they walk out and leave me?"

Two possible answers: so and so is/was a soul mate but has chosen for their own reasons to break it of and/or or the psychic either told you what you wanted to hear, or you only heard what you wanted to hear.

Most people seem to prefer option one and I don't blame them; I always lay out all three as possible answers to that one.

So, the best psychics for dealing with relationships/love are those that really examine all the cards/evidence and are as honest as the client will let them be. This is not always easy, though easier with breakups than with possible relationships I've noted.

Usually by the time a relationship is on the rocks both people deep down know it, the cards, used gently, can help a person reach that conclusion on another level so they can start to process it and get on with their life or make the needed decisions.

Just some thoughts,
    Melodi in the Midlands

Melodi wrote: »
    As a reader, I wanted to mention that love is one of the most difficult areas for a psychic to get exactly right; not impossible, but often difficult. Which is not a great admission because relationships are our most common question.

There are three reasons for this in my experience:

First you are dealing with two people, only one of whom (usually) you are reading for. Some things - like the continuation of a relationship and sometimes one person changes their mind - that is not a "get out of jail free card" for readers, but it does explain some of the more confusing outcomes. Sometimes I just have to tell clients (most often her but sometimes him) that this is confusing because so and so is confused and does not know what they want. Until they decide the future is undecided, I can read for the most likely outcome, but it may or may not work out that way.

Second - related to the above is the energies around the situation can simply shift and change; this is true of any reading and most of the time the more specific the question, the clearer answer that is provided by the cards (at least in my experience).

Third - and this is the BIG ONE, it is possible for a client to be so emotionally bound up in a hoped for outcome that it makes a difficult for empathic types of readers to filter that out from the actual facts. In fact, sometimes the client's emotions even seem to influence the cards, again not an excuse just that I have seen it happen (the Readers job is to figure out when this is going on, if it is).

There is also the natural human tendency not to want to give out bad news and both tell the client what they want to hear and/or the client doesn't really hear exactly what you are saying only responds to the parts that fit their deepest desires and mentally edits out the rest.

Both of these can happen and one of the "darker" sides of what I think of as "psychoctainment" (especially in short readings, often given by phone reading sites and yes I have worked at these) is to just say "ah yes, he's your soul mate." Well, that's fine if the Reader really believes that, but if they are just saying it to go along (or because the client obviously only wants that answer or they are going to leave) it can come back to haunt everyone a few months or years down the line.

I can't count the number of readings of done where the client started out with "But psychic(s) I went to told me so and so was my soul mate why did they walk out and leave me?"

Two possible answers: so and so is/was a soul mate but has chosen for their own reasons to break it of and/or or the psychic either told you what you wanted to hear, or you only heard what you wanted to hear.

Most people seem to prefer option one and I don't blame them; I always lay out all three as possible answers to that one.

So, the best psychics for dealing with relationships/love are those that really examine all the cards/evidence and are as honest as the client will let them be. This is not always easy, though easier with breakups than with possible relationships I've noted.

Usually by the time a relationship is on the rocks both people deep down know it, the cards, used gently, can help a person reach that conclusion on another level so they can start to process it and get on with their life or make the needed decisions.

Just some thoughts,
    Melodi in the Midlands

I agree with you about the questions you need clarity on, it is important to know the question, which is why all the good readers will focus on that area , some people got upset with Maria in Cobh as she needed to know the problem/question and if you did not provide or have a problem she would tell you there is no need for you to be here . Also she explains how you have many paths, and if there are Y shapes and T junctions on that particular path so the out come will depend on if you have to pass these junctions or not. The good readers that I have been to have always pressed upon the importance of relaxing and having an open mind on the reading.
    But I do think its mean and unfair for any reader to pretend to a client that their love affair will work out , they should just say the cards are not providing me with that information, its so wrong of them and it will come back to them, bad Karma . I also think that it is equally very bad Karma to charge crazy amounts of money for workshops and readings especially in the climate we are now in.
    I got a phone reading last weekend from the 'psychic sisters' thats were Jayne Wallace is at, but I got my reading from Nina, and she was telling me stuff that I could relate to, she also said some issue of my life was confused but she could see it working out and gave some time limit . I also think we deal with other people in other situations and they can also change their minds or shift from an idea etc we are all connected so the speak, and sometimes when something is meant for us it keeps popping up till we head that way.. I wanted to get a phone reading only to check the strength of the reading, could they pick up, as it is different your not seeing the person, as you can pick up alot how they dress, the age, etc .I would rate the phone reading as very good, but unlike other people if the tell me good news I don't believe them and I have a habit of telling them, guess I am always waiting for a disaster :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement