Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a scam?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

Colm TMAD wrote: »
    Guys just wanted to flag to everyone of a scam website I cam across the other day swallowed a few quid of mine and I hope they do it to no one else!

http://www.china-mita.com/

Purporting to selling Tablets etc.

Stay away! SCAM!

i cant see any price list for phones for them, did they send one to you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Guys just wanted to flag to everyone of a scam website I cam across the other day swallowed a few quid of mine and I hope they do it to no one else!

Stay away! SCAM!

I think the China in the website name says it all! I never buy anything from China unless it comes from a highly rated seller on Ebay. Simply throwing money away otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

phoenix999 wrote: »

Stay away! SCAM!

I think the China in the website name says it all! I never buy anything from China unless it comes from a highly rated seller on Ebay. Simply throwing money away otherwise.
    At this stage nearly everything you buy comes from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 missdisco

I find any vacancy that says anything like 'LOTS OF OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE!!!' with that use of block capitals and superfluous exclamation marks is probably a scam. Especially if they also say 'GRADUATE!!!OPPORTUNITIES!!!' A friend went to one, and they said that everyone started on commission door-to-door sales, and then they moved onto the next round of interviews. They were like 'yeah, of course'

They always claim to be 'Marketing' companies, but some of them are vaguer. The trouble is some might legitimately exist as a business. The website, to a layman, looks decent enough, but is strangely uninformative. They'll have a street address and an office, but it'll probably be some cheap and nasty room in some office block. You'll probably see them in a conference room of some kind that they've hired for the afternoon.

No one is ever hiring lots of people, especially not good jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RonocD

It happened to me and filled the cheque and it was in my account for a few days and was sent to give it across to Western union bank transfer sent it off and money was taken out of my account next week saying it was a forged cheque and now I'm minus 2000 grand
    :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement