Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port of entry change?

Options
  • 02-08-2012 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I'm heading out to Calgary in 5 weeks but I wrote British Columbia as my port of Entry because I wasn't so sure as to where I was going.

I called the Canadian embassy today and the guy was extremely rude and shut me down when all I was doing was following a query he said I will be refused when I arrive in Calgary is it true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

There was an option saying I don't know yet...

I doubt you will be turned away, it wouldn't make any sense to really. Border control I'm sure work for the CIC. so it's not going to be state specific, as long as your allowed entry to Canada you will be fine I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hickeydermot

I saw the option I dont know yet ...but at the time I was convinced it was Vancouver I was going to. It was only the night before booking I changed my mind.

I doubt I'll be turned away too to be honest. just the the guy on the phone was extremely adamant and rude I bet if I rang back and someone else answered there would be a different answer.

Just hoping someone else here fluffed this part like me and was fine :d

Advertisement