Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who have never travelled

Options
  • 02-08-2012 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

There is something innately wrong with people who have never travelled or who have no desire to do so. You know the type: born and raised in Ballygobackwards, maybe spent a few years living in the "Big Smoke" for college, only to return to their little village and marry the girl up the road. Their inbred children will usually continue the cycle leading to whole villages having the same surname. These are usually the same types who proclaim that Ireland is the best country in the world. Idiots. Travel and then make that judgement.

So far, I have experienced living in South America, North America and Asia, each for months at a time. I have also visited over 30 European cities, mainly on week long holidays. I could write a book on my adventures and may well do so one day. The people I've met, the sights I've seen... I'm getting nostalgic just reminiscing about it.

Your annual piss-up in Santa Ponsa with the lads is not travelling by the way. I find that people who haven't travelled are also extremely socially awkward, usually still living with the mother too. Anyway, what do you think?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

maybe you should travel on out of here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Buffers you mean boss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I think they're the smart ones, saving their money instead of blowing it on 30 holidays, and are probably much better off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Settled Travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

There is so much wrong with this, that I don't even know where to begin.

My generalisation scanner has just exploded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

OP, your post is just dripping in smugness

And being smug is common in a lot of people who return from their travels

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

I think your attitude to people who have never travelled is ignorant tbh.
    Maybe they can't afford it, maybe they have panic attacks over the thoughts of it or maybe they actually have no desire to travel & are quite happy living their lives as they see fit.

Stop being so judgemental & using it as an opportunity to blow about all the places you have been.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

A month's ban wasn't long enough so we'll go three.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement