Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You most memorable Halo experience

Options
  • 02-08-2012 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭

Mine would have to be years ago, playing Halo: CE with a mate (as we did everyday after school). We were playing Assault on the control room and had just gotten to the bridge, the one you had to fight your way across.

This was on legendary and we were at it for hours trying desperately to make it across. At one point I said to myself, feck this, and I darted across leaving my friend behind. Brushing passed grunts and jackals I made it across.

Made my way into the tunnel and told my mate not to fear as I would warp him across. So I turn my character around to greet my mate just as he's been warped when all of a sudden the gold elite appears out of thin air in between us.

Cue us screaming and throwing grenades and swinging wildly in a weird panicked frenzy attempt to kill this elite. When the dust had settled and the elite had fallen we could say or do nothing but laugh...

Remember that day like it was yesterday!!

So, what are your most memorable Halo experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think the random stuff, and the sheer spectrum of it, is part of what makes Halo so fantastic. Mostly in Multiplayer. I was playing BTB with a friend awhile back, and he had the plasma launcher. He locked onto an enemy banshee, which duly turned a corner as he let fly. Cue the plasma turning the corner, a lengthy pause, a distant explosion, and...'betrayal'...'betrayal'...'betrayal'...whatever happened, he ended up killing 4 or 5 guys on our team, and not much else. It just brings a smile to my face everytime it happens, as it just doesn't happen in other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Here's a video of my best memory. It was on a old tag of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Me and 3 mates in my sitting room playing MLG TS on Guardian.

We were losing by like 15 kills and they were on 45.

One of the lads stuck on "Remember the Name" and said something like "Ok lads turn it on lets win.

Cue the most epic comeback i've ever experienced in halo with us winning by 2 ! We literally locked the map down perfectly !

The screams of us when we won were unreal! Other team was very quiet in the post game lobby...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Playing HALO 3, forget what level. Had snuck in behind an enemy on a overhead platform. Saw him, jumped down and whacked him with the hammer. Not very epic, especially since it was a grunt. But the bit I remember best.

Advertisement