Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do people like about living in Bray ?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

anto9 wrote: »
    DSC09740_medium.JPG?picture=35334

Its ok i found it .Its 3 main Street .

Well done! I have been trying to remember exactly where it is . Glad to see this type of shop surviving. Brings a certain charm to the Main Street. Read earlier postings , glad to see Anvil are still doing business also. Gosh it has been years since I last walked down Bray's Main Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

>>Gosh it has been years since I last walked down Bray's Main Street. <<

Me also ,and that could be a good or bad think .God i really hated Ireland when i left it nearly 5 years ago ,but i am now stating to miss it . God help me )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Jeez, Anvil must have changed since my time in Bray, as it was a byword for poor service which it inherited from its predecessor - Murdochs. Is Ledwidge's still going strong? :D

I saw today they have put up the article of them in the 50 best shops. I always liked it for a browse through and loved the christmas stock but have stopped shopping there all together due to the sh!tty service, I appartently had the audacity to return a product that broke on its first use. I've never been fond of the women who work there but this one was so snotty I've not been back in nearly a year.

I shopped once in Ledwidges, he didn't have what I was looking for and a first was a bit off putting but once he starts talking to you he doesn't really stop. I was dying to get into the back room to have a proper look at his stock ( I honestly think you could find anything in there) but I got the impression he's not mad on people looking around. If/when the stock changes hands I will be first in line for a stock sale.

I think someone else said this but one of my most favorite things about living in Bray is having the mountains behind with the sea in front of us. It has it's problems sure but I really like living here ( just wish I could get rid of some of the people :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

poldebruin wrote: »
    They seem to have anything and everything in there. I remember shopping around for a schoolyard-type bell in the pre-internet days and looked everywhere..... to no avail.

My mum suggested I tried Ledwidges, so off I trotted down to have a look - didn't see one in the shop so decided to enquire. It was an unusual 2 minutes describing what I was looking for, but he told me he might have some in the attic, and to come back after lunch. Upon my return, he had laid out on the counter about 10 different types of bell, church bells - (for eucharist), little ornamental bells and 3 or 4 different sized schoolyard bells. How long he had them in stock, or who he hoped to sell them to was unclear, but he had them, by god!

My Mom is looking for a Sacred Heart lamp bulb and can't find one anywhere. Ledwidges is probably just the place she'll find one. I must pop in and have a look.
    I agree Mr. Ledwidge is a tad bit kooky but possibly lonely too as someone has pointed out. When my kids were younger ,wild horses couldn't drag them into Ledwidges with me-they would wait outside! I personally love shops like Ledwidges, they certainly give a town character.
    Ophiopogon wrote: »
    I think someone else said this but one of my most favorite things about living in Bray is having the mountains behind with the sea in front of us. It has it's problems sure but I really like living here ( just wish I could get rid of some of the people :p)

Went for a dip last night and was thinking just this. As I swam, I took in the fab views of Bray Head and Ripley Hills surrounding the town. It is no small wonder it was a popular holidaying location in days gone by...

Advertisement