Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Bending' the rules

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

I call social welfare Polish charity in my work place. Why, because I can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Sofaspud wrote: »
    I didn't have to buy toilet roll for months because I'd take a few napkins every day.

I'd also take handfuls of the ketchup / mustard / mayonaisse / vinegar / tartare sauce sachets

Didn't that sting though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Drove for half a year without a full license, no tax and no nct...felt like a boss until I crashed...served me right:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

We run the gas off the electricity and the electricity off the gas and we save two hundred pounds a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Pottler wrote: »
    Ha, bunch of cissies. I have, on several occasions, lied about wether I had coffee or tea when paying at the petrol station. "Tea:)" saves me 50 cent, but it's hard to live with the guilt. I'm trying to stop, but the buzz is unreal.

I don't know what drives people to be so fuckin naughty.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I don't know what drives people to be so fuckin naughty.:(
    I'm naturally rebellious. I also know the girl in the petrol station, she knows I hate tea, I buy 10 cups of coffee a day, so the whole "Is it Tea or Coffee?" question is a bit wasted anyway. I throw in a "Tea" every now and then just to test the limits:cool: And leave, knowing I am up 50 cents. Jasus, It's just not worth the risk really is it? I need to think of a bigger crime..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When at college, we discovered the card reader for the photocopier took the credits off the card after it started to copy. So free copies. Of course it was annoying if you were waiting to use and the person in front of you was ejecting the card after each page in a 30 page copy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Bus Éireann from Galway to Cork

Rarely paid for the full price, just bought a ticket to Gort

The rare time you get caught just bluff your way out if it, oh they sold me a ticket to Gort, I clearly said Cork

You'd get away with it most times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

I occasionally jaywalk on minor streets with no traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I occasionally jaywalk on minor streets with no traffic.
    careful now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Confab wrote: »
    Didn't that sting though?

Fashion vs function darling!

The napkins are the nice soft kind :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

I fill the shopping trolley with bunches and bunches of grapes but then select potatoes on the auto-teller machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I bring my own food into the cinema because I like not being bankrupt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Haven't bought a TV license in two years

I'm coping quite well with the shame :)
    Publicizing and celebrating this is a good illustration of the poisonous mind set that has crippled the country. Presuming of course you don't have a tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I broke the charter and the mods one.

• Advertisement

Bus Éireann from Galway to Cork

Rarely paid for the full price, just bought a ticket to Gort

The rare time you get caught just bluff your way out if it, oh they sold me a ticket to Gort, I clearly said Cork

You'd get away with it most times
    You sound like a Fine Gael senator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

I ate silica.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Sneaky cigarette breaks at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭purplepapillon

When I was a kid, I used to follow a fiction series. I'd always buy the books second-hand, where they were £1 each. One day, we went in and some of the books had stickers saying £1.50. My sister and I found books with £1 stickers and switched them.

Inflation? My pocket money hadn't gone up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

I eat red meat on a Friday. Oh ****! Where do I pay my fine?!

• Advertisement

LoYL wrote: »
    Publicizing and celebrating this is a good illustration of the poisonous mind set that has crippled the country. Presuming of course you don't have a tv.
    LoYL wrote: »
    You sound like a Fine Gael senator.

Over 70 examples in this thread but you quote my two and make these comments?

Have I come to your attention or something? :confused:

Add to the OP's question or go look at another thread maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Every time I go to the bookies I bring a pen with me, the glove box in my car must have 100 little green Paddy Power pens. I never put on a bet just stare at the screens for a few minutes and leave with a pen and get a free cup of tea as well, I always win at the bookies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

:eek::eek:

You photocopied more than an entire chapter of a book, or 5% of it, whichever is greater!!??

:eek::eek:

*calls Irish Copyright Licensing Agency*

All 542 pages of it - :cool:
    We've got a bad ass over here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I change the motion of objects without applying any force to them.

When I kick something I can cause the object to accelerate faster with the same force if the item I kicked was bigger and heavier.

I can take an action without there being an opposed and equal reaction.

I have created a perceptual motion mechanism that I have as an executive toy on my desk.

I often float 1mm off the ground all day. Nobody notices except me.

Its my little F you to physics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

I shat in a policeman's hat because I was pregnant and they have to provide their hats as a shite-pot because it's the law.

True, that's the law

Also if a garda is going to arrest you then knock off their cap

They can't arrest you without a cap

That's why gardaí never tackle Dublin's boardwalk, the junkies are wise to this and kept throwing the caps into the Liffey

That is in fact a load of balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

event wrote: »

You don't say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I thanked a poster who recieved a red card by mistake. And i aint gonna try and rectify my mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Lollers wrote: »
    I ate silica.

I bet you left the empty packet lying around too and didn't bother throwing it away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

cycle home pissed frequently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

event wrote: »

No. If you put your balls in their hat they have to give you a Malteser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I fill the shopping trolley with bunches and bunches of grapes but then select potatoes on the auto-teller machine.
    You could get 6 years for that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭JamieKCCO

I'm always talking about Fight Club on the sly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

No TV license in 5 years (I've never even received a call out though)

Take teabags and occasional stationary from work

Once edited an insurance quote that was quoting me as a woman at a substantially cheaper price, took out the "Mrs" bit and gave it to my insurers and they matched the price. UP YOURS, GENDER DISCRIMINATION!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

In Easons, years ago Aliens was £18.99 on VHS :eek:

I took a £5.99 sticker off another tape and replaced the Aliens one with it.

Result: Aliens for £5.99

Awwwwwwwyeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

After much surveillance, I realised no one was using the handicapped parking space in my apartment's underground car park. Parked there for 4 months until I moved out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

In my house we don't obey the laws of thermodynamics!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jonny Drama

Moved into my apartment 3.5 years ago, noticed the gas bills were in the landlords name, I never notified the letting agent, got away with it for 2 years no lie.. Judging by our average gas bills in the last 18 months I'd say we got away with about 2,000 euro of free gas for our 1st two years!!

NICE....

I get mail order weed from Spain.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Turning off mobile phones on a plane is for pussies. I like to fly dangerously.

Hate them network welcome texts when you land though. When my phone beeps, by the shocked look on other peoples faces you'd swear I just asked them for a kidney or something.

• Advertisement

Moved into my apartment 3.5 years ago, noticed the gas bills were in the landlords name, I never notified the letting agent, got away with it for 2 years no lie.. Judging by our average gas bills in the last 18 months I'd say we got away with about 2,000 euro of free gas for our 1st two years!!

NICE....

Why didnt he ask it back?

Why didnt he ask it back?

Because he said he was partly at fault for not noticing, and if he was in my shoes he wouldn't have notified the landlord either!! Even if he did ask for it back, he wouldn't get it!

Because he said he was partly at fault for not noticing, and if he was in my shoes he wouldn't have notified the landlord either!! Even if he did ask for it back, he wouldn't get it!

Well, he could - he just has to send you the bill. Sounds like a nice landlord, a keeper.

Well, he could - he just has to send you the bill. Sounds like a nice landlord, a keeper.

He can bill me all he wants... I'd refuse to pay, then I'd be a dick, not pay rent for a few months and then move out! He's a sound enough Landlord, never hear/see from him or the agents, and in fairness we are good tenants, we never really bother them at all, maybe once or twice a year.. If anything needs fixing/replaced we do it ourselves..

He can bill me all he wants... I'd refuse to pay, then I'd be a dick, not pay rent for a few months and then move out! He's a sound enough Landlord, never hear/see from him or the agents, and in fairness we are good tenants, we never really bother them at all, maybe once or twice a year.. If anything needs fixing/replaced we do it ourselves..

If you do live in LA - I wouldnt do that were I you. The US is not Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

When I was in playschool, I accidently brought home a jigsaw piece. Just one tiny, insignificant piece.

When I realised what I had in my possession I was convinced for weeks that every time the doorbell rang it was going to be the cops to haul my ass off to prison. I even hid the evidence :pac:

Also, in playschool, we were having a race down a hill. It pretty much went like this:

Teacher: "Get ready................3...................2................"

Me: "Nnnnnnnnnnaaarrrrggghhhhh!!"

Teacher: "DUGGY!! Get the hell back here!!!"

I didn't care, I just kept running all the way down the hill. Still got a medal for it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

A little off topic maybe, but the following introduced me to "bending the rules” I was in high babies at the time so maybe 6. Anyway we used to hide behind the sheds, which where used by a lot of dodgy fcukers after school. I seen a brown paper bag and moved it, I find three shotgun shells; I knew what they what and thought I was fcuking deadly.

A lad in my class asked me for one and I gave him one. Fast forward the end of school, I ran out and show my mum the "bullets" I found. She hasn't a clue and thinks that I'm talking sh!te, so she lets me keep them. We stop at a local shop and I'm chewing one end of the shell and this old boy in the shop nearly has a heart attack, he lifted my mum out of it.

So now my mum realises what I have, they cops are called. I remember two nice cops talking to me, asking all about it and again I thought I was deadly, so when they discovered I had found three shells they ask me what I did with the other one. I of course tell them the name of the lad I gave the other one to.

They go to his gaff and collect it; I get pulled aside by the other lad and asked why I told the cops his name. The idea of lying to them just never occurred to me, you told the cops the truth as far as I knew. Boy did I learn a lesson in the Ballyfermot way of life that day. I wasn't called a grass, but the look of disgust on his face told me I had done something very very wrong. The other lad did end up as a serious enough criminal, but I was left with a messed up sense of trusting authority and my peers.

Odysseus wrote: »
    Anyway we used to hide behind the sheds, which where used by a lot of doggy fcukers after school.

Dogging :eek:

I think you meant dodgy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Dogging :eek:

I think you meant dodgy

TBH what when on behind those sheds after dark, **** knows. But yet typo;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

When she says no ... she means yes .. always !!

And Yes means anal

Over 70 examples in this thread but you quote my two and make these comments?

Have I come to your attention or something? :confused:

Add to the OP's question or go look at another thread maybe

No. Your comments are despicable. Draw some conclusions about the rest of the contributions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement