Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Bending' the rules

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

LoYL wrote: »
    Publicizing and celebrating this is a good illustration of the poisonous mind set that has crippled the country. Presuming of course you don't have a tv.
    No. Your comments are despicable. Draw some conclusions about the rest of the contributions.

Despicable to dodge a TV licence?

This upsets you?

Posts in this thread about drugs but it's my lack of a TV licence and fiddling a salad bar in Spar are despicable

Oh dear, sorry for upsetting you :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I mentioned this on the Stingy thread before but if anyone deserves a mention on bending/obliterating the rules, it's this next guy.

I work with him in a well known Dublin prison and each day he will 'acquire' goods which are for general maintenance in the jail i.e. Paint, cleaning products, timber etc. and will bag them and leave with them. Every day!

He also is a stinge pot in so far as he nicks prison issue foodstuffs (for prisoners only) for home constantly like salt satchets, bags of cornflakes and small cartons of milk like you would get in school. I reckon his kids have never seen a 2Litre bottle of cow juice in their lives and would freak out if they ever found themselves on the dairy aisle in Superquinn.

One day there was a major staff meeting called to explain new incoming security measures. This was concerning searches for visitors, teachers, delivery men and prison officers themselves entering the jail. We were informed that we would all under-go searches daily as to eliminate contraband coming in. Then we were asked if there were any questions. This guy, straight faced as ya like, genuinely asks ''Will we be searched on the way out?''

I kid you not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Despicable to dodge a TV licence?

This upsets you?

Posts in this thread about drugs but it's my lack of a TV licence and fiddling a salad bar in Spar are despicable

Oh dear, sorry for upsetting you :(

Take responsibility for your slice of dishonesty. Stop celebrating it.

*looks at thread title*
    Where To wrote: »

My question is, how far will you stretch the rules?

*Checks instructions from the OP*

*wonders how I got quoted three times by Helen Lovejoy LoYL when the posts about drugs got ignored*

If you are bothered by the thread, start your own :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

You so funny.:D Seriously, you're funny. I'd say you're fun. Lots and lots of fun. Fun. Funny. Aww feck it. Are you always so serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

True, that's the law

Also if a garda is going to arrest you then knock off their cap

They can't arrest you without a cap

is this true:confused:

can anyone confirm this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

fryup wrote: »

Yep. In fact it comes from an old law in a place called Rand McNally, where they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Traffic and grammar.

Otherwise I am a little hazy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

fryup wrote: »

They will just put it back on and beat you around the stommach with soap in towells when they get you to the station.

*looks at thread title*

*Checks instructions from the OP*

*wonders how I got quoted three times by Helen Lovejoy LoYL when the posts about drugs got ignored*

If you are bothered by the thread, start your own :)

No. You don't like having it pointed out to you. Stop weasling out of facing the fact that you are publicizing and celebrating dishonesty.

• Advertisement

Pottler wrote: »
    You so funny.:D Seriously, you're funny. I'd say you're fun. Lots and lots of fun. Fun. Funny. Aww feck it. Are you always so serious? [/]
    You'd prefer to talk about your perception of me based on an Internet forum rather than the celebration of dishonesty in this thread. Now why would that be I wonder. I'm glad that I don't meet with your approval.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Pottler wrote: »
    You so funny.:D Seriously, you're funny. I'd say you're fun. Lots and lots of fun. Fun. Funny. Aww feck it. [COLOR="Silver"]Are you always so serious? [/COLOR][/]
    You'd prefer to talk about your perception of me based on an Internet forum rather than the celebration of dishonesty in this thread. Now why would that be I wonder. I'm glad that I don't meet with your approval.

Shouldn't you be getting ready for mass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Haha Helen lovejoy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

syndeyfife wrote: »

It is more than mass that it needed there. Fcku me I would like to see the resonse to they would have to the behaviour I listen to all. If not having a TV licence provokes such a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Drive with no tax and Insurance ( nearly 4 months now )

If im out real early i take the milk that the milk man delivers and the papers outside the shops - saves money.

need spare tyre for car? Find a car of identical model and take it (its the tyoe of car that carries tyre outside of car instead of in the boot - same goes for wipers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

If im out real early i take the milk that the milk man delivers and the papers outside the shops - saves money.

need spare tyre for car? Find a car of identical model and take it (its the tyoe of car that carries tyre outside of car instead of in the boot - same goes for wipers)
    Whatever about the rest you should be hung, drawn and quartered for driving without insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I go to extravision to see what films are out, then I go home and download them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Do you also technically live under a flyover, not a bridge?

Every towel in my house has come from a gym or a hotel

They factor the stealing into the price

I only have three, I'm not taking lots of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Also when eating out steal the cutlery,salt and pepper shakers,everything!

So you don't like the fact that the publicization and celebration of dishonesty is challenged. You could have just said so.

Odysseus wrote: »

It is more than mass that it needed there. Fcku me I would like to see the resonse to they would have to the behaviour I listen to all. If not having a TV licence provokes such a response.

I think you need a break from whatever you listen to all day. Get your perspective on things reset: think a little on how the distortion of perspective has led to six months for sexual assault. And so on. Ah shure...

So you don't like the fact that the publicization and celebration of dishonesty is challenged. You could have just said so.

That's not nearly as funny, now is it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Printer paper, does anyone in Ireland actually buy it.

Or maybe you like to run away from the fact. And hide behind that.

• Advertisement

Or maybe you like to run away from the fact. And hide behind that.

Honestly, you are making me laugh so much this morning. Good job ;)

Honestly, you are making me laugh so much this morning. Good job ;)

It's not about funny. It's about dishonesty. You know that now so hide behind the pretend laughter. You should let your employer or customers know that you regard dishonesty as just fun: as it is so trivial. Go on. Publish your name and business here now.

I think you need a break from whatever you listen to all day. Get your perspective on things reset: think a little on how the distortion of perspective has led to six months for sexual assault. And so on. Ah shure...

A lot of my work involves listening to the effects sexual violence and those who engage in sure acts. So I do reflect on it a lot, I'm actually paid to.

Though I do not think a lot of your link between the two.

A lot of my work involves listening to the effects sexual violence and those who engage in sure acts. So I do reflect on it a lot, I'm actually paid to.

Though I do not think a lot of your link between the two.

Why not? Here we have a thread where some posters celebrate and publicize dishonesty and trivialise it. The consequences of the trivialising of basic civilised values leads to wider lack of perspective. You are not the only one who has to deal with victims of sexual and physical and emotional violence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I hide the little potions of butter between slices of bread, someone saw me do it one day, they are now buried under the carpark extension

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

I loan mates money so they can buy shares in my business and make the price go up....

Why not? Here we have a thread where some posters celebrate and publicize dishonesty and trivialise it. The consequences of the trivialising of basic civilised values leads to wider lack of perspective. You are not the only one who has to deal with victims of sexual and physical and emotional violence.

Firstly you suggested that I take a break from what I listen to in order to reflect on the topic. I was showing you that I don't need to. Sexual violence occurred long before we had laws and rules against it.

You suggestion that such attitues on minor crimes led people to accept more significant crimes is very weak. You are why not?

I ask why? You made the point, so please back it up with references. It is a valid question; but a poor statement.

EDIT: Why does it look like I'm qouting myself?
    Have you ever been dishonest yourself? Of course you have? So why so anal here? Real question, I'm interested

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Also when eating out steal the cutlery,salt and pepper shakers,everything!

Got a set of six steak knives from my local pub once. Da fools put them out in the cutlery tray. I also scan tesco saver batteries but put duracells in the bag. They weigh the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I park my car in mothers and children spaces. I have no kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭chanste

I just found this forum/thread and think its great.

Not paying TV license is completely fine in my book because we should not be forced to pay for a service which we don't want. I work on the principle that I can say I thought my landlord looked after it, not that I would ever allow an inspector to cross the threshold of my door.

Bringing your own stuff into the cinema - Absolutely! If they didn't charge about €7 for a popcorn bucket that could feed the entire cinema I wouldn't mind. I'd pay €5 for a reasonable sized popcorn with a drink... anything more is ridiculous.

Amber lights... supposed to slow down and stop for the inevitable red? Nah. Foot to the floor! Every time.

Firstly you suggested that I take a break from what I listen to in order to reflect on the topic. I was showing you that I don't need to. Sexual violence occurred long before we had laws and rules against it.

You suggestion that such attitues on minor crimes led people to accept more significant crimes is very weak. You are why not?

I ask why? You made the point, so please back it up with references. It is a valid question; but a poor statement.

EDIT: Why does it look like I'm qouting myself?
    Have you ever been dishonest yourself? Of course you have? So why so anal here? Real question, I'm interested

In order:
    1. You aren't showing, you are claiming. There is a difference.
    2. You are claiming that my suggestion re attitudes on minor crimes is "very weak". You left out "in my opinion". You are lookign for "references" like an undergraduate who believes that an academic survey and a literature review establishes truth. if you want to do some research look at the NY experience with low level crime tolerance.
    3. I had to look up "anal". According to wikipedia it's a left over from Freud. The opposite to anally retentive is anally expulsive. It seems a far more accurate description of this thread and your contributions than your juvenile "analysis".
    4. Rather than focus on the people who have celebrated dishonesty you try in the tired old manner to turn the point of the argument towards the critic of the thing. Look at the heart of it: if these people want to publicize and celebrate their dishonesty then let them name themselves and let their employers and customers know that they regard it so trivially. After all, it's no big deal. Is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

I go out for a smoke break...and i dont smoke

In order:
    1. You aren't showing, you are claiming. There is a difference.
    2. You are claiming that my suggestion re attitudes on minor crimes is "very weak". You left out "in my opinion". You are lookign for "references" like an undergraduate who believes that an academic survey and a literature review establishes truth. if you want to do some research look at the NY experience with low level crime tolerance.
    3. I had to look up "anal". According to wikipedia it's a left over from Freud. The opposite to anally retentive is anally expulsive. It seems a far more accurate description of this thread and your contributions than your juvenile "analysis".
    4. Rather than focus on the people who have celebrated dishonesty you try in the tired old manner to turn the point of the argument towards the critic of the thing. Look at the heart of it: if these people want to publicize and celebrate their dishonesty then let them name themselves and let their employers and customers know that they regard it so trivially. After all, it's no big deal. Is it?

You had to look up anal! Then you say I am like an under-grad but you reference wiki:rolleyes: If you want to answer to questions in order, you are forgetting the one that asks where you ever dishonest. So have you never been dishonest? Even once, go you must have engaged in something dishonest. What are you hiding?

I had to look up "anal". According to wikipedia it's a left over from Freud.

Sorry wut??

Try putting it in urban dictionary....

You had to look up anal! Then you say I am like an under-grad but you reference wiki:rolleyes: If you want to answer to questions in order, you are forgetting the one that asks where you ever dishonest. So have you never been dishonest? Even once, go you must have engaged in something dishonest. What are you hiding?

Of course I had to look it up. Wikipedia is for your under graduate benefit. The library doesn't open here until tomorrow. I didn't forget to answer that question, i obviously have to point out that I ignored it. I didn't come here to publicize and celebrate dishonesty.

• Advertisement

Of course I had to look it up. Wikipedia is for your under graduate benefit. The library doesn't open here until tomorrow. I didn't forget to answer that question, i obviously have to point out that I ignored it. I didn't come here to publicize and celebrate dishonesty.

Then I think youre on the wrong forum!

You must be great fun at dinner parties.

You must be great fun at dinner parties.

At least I don't steal the cutlery.

At least I don't steal the cutlery.

Or you won't admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Thread ruined, Well done loyl.

Or you won't admit it.

Or I won't see it as an accomplishment.

baraca wrote: »
    Thread ruined, Well done loyl.

It's time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Mod:
    LoYL, do not post in this thread again, no one likes a thread-spoiler.

Or I won't see it as an accomplishment.

We only have your word for that, and I'm not buying it.

Edit: Seeing Keiths post; I'll stop responding to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Sometimes when kneeling at mass (not).. I rest my bum on the seat....

Advertisement