Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Bending' the rules

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'm generally a fairly law-abiding, conscientious driver, and I drive a slow, boring car, but very occasionally - on a quiet, straight stretch of the M6 or M7 - I like to accelerate wildly and noisily and then see how long I can drive at the car's top speed for before chickening out and returning to my usual sedate pace.

Usually well under a minute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

I bring an empty bottle to work with me and use their water supply to fill up the bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

RayM wrote: »
    I'm generally a fairly law-abiding, conscientious driver, and I drive a slow, boring car, but very occasionally - on a quiet, straight stretch of the M6 or M7 - I like to accelerate wildly and noisily and then see how long I can drive at the car's top speed for before chickening out and returning to my usual sedate pace.

Usually well under a minute.

What type of speed are we talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Odysseus wrote: »
    What type of speed are we talking about?

Probably about 30mph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I don't smoke in the smoking area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

i use my neighbors WiFi (they don`t know i know the key):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Boscoirl wrote: »
    I hide the little potions of butter between slices of bread, someone saw me do it one day, they are now buried under the carpark extension

Now I saw this thread got a little bit "odd" but I have to know.....

Why did you bury the portions of butter under the carpark extension? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

davet82 wrote: »
    I hold all my crap in til i get to work so that I can shít in on my bosses time and not my own, saves me on bog roll too :)

Do it in his drawer. Bosses love that sh1t. (No pun intended)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭peppy123

i steal no smoking signs in hotel rooms then smoke in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

I park my car in mothers and children spaces. I have no kids.

AFAIK, Mother & Child spaces are not governed by the same rules as Disabled spaces. They're there for convenience, but technically anyone can park in them. I may be wrong on this. If I am, can someone point out the rules please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Go into Tesco and pick up a some delicious Tim Horton's loose donuts and put in those clear bags.

Walk up to self service and put them through as plain Tesco loose donuts....saving about 70 cent on each one.

Nobody at the tills cares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

No NCT since 2009, and no intention of getting one either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,605 ✭✭✭veryangryman

I park without paying (mainly legally but still) :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭Madam Marie

No NCT since 2009, and no intention of getting one either.

Do you do uturns when you see checkpoints?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I keep those little pencils from Ikea.

I also drive like a maniac. "Daddy, you just broke another red light!" "Daddy, you didn't indicate again!" "Yeah, honey. That's the second time this calendar year. I'm a dangerous baxtard."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What checkpoints? Not seen one in almost a year.

Advertisement