Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Share] Mature student NUI Maynooth for house share

Options
  • 02-08-2012 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

i am starting as mature student in nui maynooth in september. i'm a 26 year old female looking for similar people to house hunt with. ideally i would prefer somewhere near the supermarkets and the 67 buslink in celbridge as i'm very familiar with the area and it's handy for a part-time job but i'm willing to consider maynooth also.

having previously been a professional i'm finding it quite frustrating being frowned upon by letting agents with my new student status. just because i am a student doesn't mean i don't want a decent house. most places have an anti-student repellent and only want professionals though. also as i will be on the Back to Education allowance i will be looking for somewhere that accepts rent allowance. has anyone else noticed this is a nightmare.

anyway, i'm friendly and fairly laid-back and enjoy the company of similar good-humoured people. would like somewhere i can study/stay up all night writing an essay etc. over a session house. i'm a non-tea drinker but i know my way around a kettle.

let me know if you're looking for somewhere also and think we'd be suited as housemates. male, female or couples i don't mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 da_nna

Hey,

Me and my boyfriend we're looking for someone to share a house with too. We're both 22, Computer Science postgrads and we will be studying for our MSc at NUIM starting from Sept. untill June 2013. We're from Romania, we're very friendly, non-smokers, and we're looking for a decent double room, preferably with own bathroom and withing walking distance to NUIM campus (no more than 20-30 min). I also know a girl from Germany, she is 22, postgrad and searching for a single room close to campus like us.

Let me know if you're interested in searching someplace together with us!

Thanks,
    Daniela

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rettoc

having previously been a professional i'm finding it quite frustrating being frowned upon by letting agents with my new student status. just because i am a student doesn't mean i don't want a decent house. most places have an anti-student repellent and only want professionals though.

I would be interested to share with you, I have the same status as yourself but I'm 29 and I like Tea... Gonna study Anthropology and looking forward to getting those brain cells exercised and not exorcised!

Have been looking at houses and it seems this is the best way to go about it when you don't know anyone in Maynooth, which I don't...
    PM me if you're still interested :)
    Niamh

• Registered Users Posts: 5 put your hands up

hey guys
    thank you for the replies. i was getting worried about finding people so i ended up just taking a room in a place.
    i'm going to be doing arts niamh. hopefully i'll meet you at the mature student orientation. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AoifeC90

Rettoc wrote: »
    Have been looking at houses and it seems this is the best way to go about it when you don't know anyone in Maynooth, which I don't...
    PM me if you're still interested :)
    Niamh

hey Im looking for a place in maynooth, dont know anyone up there! are you still looking for someone to share with? pm me if you are :)

Aoife

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement