Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB (Hons) in Entrepreneurship

Options
  • 02-08-2012 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone done this course before and how they found it? Specifically those who did the add on course, but I'd love to hear from those who have done to 4 year course too.
    It sounds just like what I'm looking for but I'd love to hear a student perspective.

Also I have my interview for it in the next two weeks so any advice for that would also be greatly appriciated. I have no idea what to expect. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 EoinDM

Hey! I'm heading into year 4 of DL245 - Entrepreneurship and Management.

I've really enjoyed the past few years in IADT. This course is perfect for people who are more about the practical side of business rather than sitting around reading books. It teaches you about all the different aspects of business, from marketing & management to accountancy & computers - focusing on how to set up and run your own company. It's also not just for people who want to start their own business - you can continue on to work in jobs in marketing, management accounting, finance, media, teaching, operations etc.

The lecturers are great and really helpful. The small class sizes (around 40) means that you get to know them on a first name basis, and if you have any problems or if you're falling behind in work they'll do everything they can to help you. It's also much easier to make friends and get to know your class!

Since I started, I've run a farmer's market stall in Dun Laoghaire, took a class trip to Belfast with American students, run an eBay company (where you can make a lot of money!), ran social media campaigns and designed fully functional websites for local businesses, lived in France for 4 months on Erasmus studying in a French college, visited a University in Finland with students & lecturers and did an internship with Boylesports.
    And that's only the academic side of it!

When I started there I didn't have to do an interview to get in, so I can't really give you any help from experience there. But I wouldn't worry too much about it - the people who are going to interview you are really sound! Just tell them about anything business related you've done before (can be simple things like sold cupcakes in school or organised a gig!). Tell them about what you hope to do over the next few years if you get in and ultimately what you want to do when you leave college.

Not really sure what else to tell you. Anything specifically you want to know?
    I'm the Clubs and Societies Officer in the Student Union this year, so if you need help with anything else just give me a shout.

Good luck in your interview, hope to see you in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Thanks, that really helps :) I'm now really excited, hopefully I'll get in!
    I've run a market stall before for a year so that should help in the interview.
    Thanks again!

Advertisement