Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Me fein

• 02-08-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20 bettyswollocks

What does anyone think about this?

Do you think Irish people are more lazy and selfish than any other nation?

I think we are just that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

NO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I still don't trust Gerry Adams yet and that Mary Lou is a head-wrecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Irish_wolf

No, we're about on par with any other developed western nation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Any particular reasons...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Im not interested in your thread Betty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Nux

Armitage shanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

We're all driven by consumerism and greed in the Western World but we're no worse than any of the others. In fact didn't we top some league of charitable nations or something? And we're quite friendly in general I think, we've been voted that too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

have you spent any time living anywhere else? Irish people stay in work/finish work at home quite a bit, to be honest, in comparison with the Dutch anyway....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nux wrote: »
    Armitage shanks.

Good tune that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

nobody cares what you think :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

You are wrong.
    Ireland has been ranked the most charitable country in Europe and the second most charitable nation in the world, according to a new survey.

The World Giving Index, compiled by the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF), showed 75 per cent of Irish people donated money to charity while 38 per cent volunteered their time each month.

Ireland also had the highest percentage of residents who said they had "helped a stranger" the previous month, at 65 per cent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

People in general are lazy and selfish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Seriously though Irish people work much, much harder than they realize. We actually have a very strong work ethic but never give ourselves credit for it; I don't know why. I could speculate but won't bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Seriously though Irish people work much, much harder than they realize. We actually have a very strong work ethic but never give ourselves credit for it; I don't know why. I could speculate but won't bother.

Because deep down we're all really protestants and don't want to admit it? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

I'm too lazy and self centred to reply to you op. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭RumDrinker

Looking at my new English team mates the above statement appears to be more than incorrect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

You have only to watch a tourist or other foreigner ask for assistance or directions on a street or road in Ireland to see how willingly Irish people are to help other people. I've watched complete strangers go well out of their way to help people they didn't know. I've also witnessed complete pricks do lousy things but the good people vastly outnumber the bad I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Because deep down we're all really protestants and don't want to admit it? :p
    That must explain my sudden interest in badminton!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

have you spent any time living anywhere else? Irish people stay in work/finish work at home quite a bit, to be honest, in comparison with the Dutch anyway....

the Dutch sound like my kind of people

no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Thread and a half! No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

Sometimes I think Irish people are inherently anti-social but maybe it is just that we are historically not used to living in towns and in groups. When I look at the way people park in small towns in Ireland with flagrant disregard for others or the way people let their dogs foul the pavements, or the way they litter I think Irish people are just anti-social.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sources? Examples?

Advertisement