Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forty cats.. same village as the stray dogs..

• 02-08-2012 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

Lest we lose hope...

In the village where we trade and the dogs roam free, there is an English couple who rescues cats.

It is the lady I know; the cats run their house and she takes in those noone wants that would else be pts
    She raises the money in many ways; last week when she stopped to chat she had two crates in the back of the car, and knitting on th epassenger seat and she bakes cakes to sell.. etc etc etc etc. Never turns a cat away and can have sixty or more. The sick ones she nurses , rehomes all she can.

We drop in food when we can manage it and others do the same.

So many fine folk out there loving and caring..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

She sounds like a great lady. Wish there were more like her...

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Anybody else get a mental image of crazy cat woman from the Simpsons?:)

Does she get them all neutered op? Must cost her a fortune if she does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Anybody else get a mental image of crazy cat woman from the Simpsons?:)

Does she get them all neutered op? Must cost her a fortune if she does.

She does all that is right and needful and yes the vet bills are high... But as I know myself, there can be help from various places.

Ah not not crazy; lovely person who cares for others apart from cats. But it is heartening indeed. In rural Ireland so many see cats as vermin.

We now have at least two ferals coming into the bathroom at night to eat. lol...

Advertisement