Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to/from Barberstown Castle

Options
  • 02-08-2012 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭

Hi, could anyone recommend the best way to get to Barberstown Castle and back from Dublin city centre? Would hope to get bus or train to Maynooth or thereabouts and then a taxi. Most likely a taxi straight home too , so any company details (and prices!) would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I don't know if this bus will stop right at Barberstown, but it does go to Straffan.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202394373-123.pdf

It's the bus eireann 123 service. Might be a help, someone else might know about stops....?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 joeythevet

.Travel on either the 120 or 123 buseireann bus from busaras
    Get off at the bus stop 100 meters before Barberstown roundabout
    Walk towards the roundabout. Take the first road to the left signposted Straffan/Kill. Walk about another 200 meters & yu should see the entrance to barberstown castle on the right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

If you book in advance you should get a good deal from one of the Celbridge taxi firms to return home. If it's a wedding I'd recommend booking in advance as late at night used to be difficult to pick up a taxi over the phone. I think the taxi firms are doing a special of €40 return, city centre to celbridge, so hopefully €20-€25 Barberstown to city centre.
    You could also get 67 to celbridge and taxi out approx. €5-€7 to get there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The Mulk wrote: »
    If you book in advance you should get a good deal from one of the Celbridge taxi firms to return home. If it's a wedding I'd recommend booking in advance as late at night used to be difficult to pick up a taxi over the phone. I think the taxi firms are doing a special of €40 return, city centre to celbridge, so hopefully €20-€25 Barberstown to city centre.
    You could also get 67 to celbridge and taxi out approx. €5-€7 to get there.
    Or 67 to Maynooth as it is nearer.
    Give Maynooth cabs a call and see what deal they will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Or 67 to Maynooth as it is nearer.
    Give Maynooth cabs a call and see what deal they will do.

Celbridge village is closer than maynooth village according to the AA, stop
    trying to poach our potential taxi business:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement