Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to the area

• 02-08-2012 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello!

I'll be moving to the area to begin work in Wicklow town late September.
    I'm 25 and currently living in London, it will be quite the readjustment, so I'm looking for advice on where to live. I've heard mixed reports about Bray but it's probably the liveliest, great things about Greystones and that Wicklow is lovely but pretty quiet.
    Any tips/ advice on such a relocation?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

cucu wrote: »
    Hello!

I'll be moving to the area to begin work in Wicklow town late September.
    I'm 25 and currently living in London, it will be quite the readjustment, so I'm looking for advice on where to live. I've heard mixed reports about Bray but it's probably the liveliest, great things about Greystones and that Wicklow is lovely but pretty quiet.
    Any tips/ advice on such a relocation?

Cheers :)
    Has to be greystones..friendly people..very good restaurants..couple of good pubs...great beaches along the east coast super country side all on our doorstep..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Anyone else gobsmacked that there was a job available in Wicklow Town!?

The town itself is good, I'm personally not keen on the locals.

I agree with the previous poster, Greystones is the best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sharon b

While greystones is v nice, good restaurants pleasant to look at etc...it depends what you want from where you live, also how do you want to live..do you want to have good access to Dublin..
    bray has good dart/bus access and also is not so bad for a taxi back from Dublin. Also has the lovely seafront and reasonable amount of shops, bars, restaurants, and is only a short drive from greystones....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cucu

Thank you all for the responses...
    Yes I definitely want access to Dublin at weekends, and it would be great if there is stuff to do locally at weekends wherever I live - which is increasingly looking like Greystones.
    I'll be driving to and from Wicklow at peak hours, would traffic be problematic? (Although I imagine I'll be heading in the opposite direction to most!)
    Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

traffic is fine, as you mentioned you will be travelling opposite to 95% of the cars on the road & its motorway most of the way.

Its a pleasent enough 20 min drive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement