Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on doing Certification

Options
  • 02-08-2012 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I had started studying for the MS 70-515 exam which covers web app development using .NET (which is taking forever!). However, most of the jobs that recruiters call me about seem to be for Java developers. Should I change and go down the Java route instead? My background is C++ so Java comes quite easily to me. The Java SE7 exams are available now, although you have to do an associate exam first, and then the professional one.
    What do you think? .NET or Java? The reason I'm doing a cert is to help my chances of landing my first proper programming job. I know most people don't recommend them but at least I'm upskilling and it shows that I'm interested.

Any advice appreciated.....

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

omen80 wrote: »
    although you have to do an associate exam first, and then the professional one.

When did they change that?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

When did they change that?

Recently enough I think......It's for SE7. I think for SE6 you can still do the professional one without doing the associate one first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

omen80 wrote: »
    Recently enough I think......It's for SE7. I think for SE6 you can still do the professional one without doing the associate one first.

Ah Oracle. That is unnecessary extra time/money.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

bump...

Advertisement