Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hob guard

Options
  • 02-08-2012 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a suitable safety guard for a built in ceramic hob. It's about an inch in from work top. We use back rings as much as possible but sometimes switch on front rings by mistake and heats up and waits hot for a while

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

They have one in IKEA. Its called the Patrull Hob Guard

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

foxy06 wrote: »
    They have one in IKEA. Its called the Patrull Hob Guard
    I searched the Patrull series on their website and it has lots of toddler safety items but not this ? Also live in Galway not sure Ikea deliver.
    Hob guards do not seem to be that common ?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just wondering if you succeeded in finding a hob guard? I am having the same problem now. All the favourites seem to be out of stock for a year or more (tony Kealy's, mothercare, tesco)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Atarrant wrote: »
    Just wondering if you succeeded in finding a hob guard? I am having the same problem now. All the favourites seem to be out of stock for a year or more (tony Kealy's, mothercare, tesco)

Did not get one

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

We had the same problem. The patrull one was never ever in stock, so hubby eventually went shopping online and got this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001CLWL4E/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1367790175&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

It's does the job just fine, but it does make cleaning the hob trickier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I bought one on amazon. Think it's dreambaby? Does the job just fine

Advertisement