Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Cancellation

Options
  • 02-08-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

I called Meteor recently to check if I needed to give notice that I was cancelling my account. I was assured that I did not need to give notice. I googled this evening to double check, as my contract ends in a little over thirty days. I called and asked, and this was confirmed. The agent could not put me through to customer support because they're too busy and are closing soon. I've issued them notice to quit via email. What happens next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Really depends on the contract. If its a rolling 30days thats all the notice you have to give....if a yearly contract or the like is up then its up. Nothing happens when the time is up like the so dreaded Y2K bug....lol. It just keeps going and going until YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING.

Are you unhappy with the service?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

When I called the girl said I had to give notice. Even though it's a 12 month contract ending September 3rd. The last guy said I didn't need to give notice, that was about a month ago. I've covered myself now anyway, seeing as email is written notice. I'll be porting out for sure, lots of great offers in the market now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well at least you had the foresight to ring now 30days ahead.....Meteor are 1 of the cheapest in the market now anyway.

Advertisement