Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Be wary of pedestrians...

• 02-08-2012 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭

Ok, I was driving home from work and just coming into the middle of the village when I noticed a small crowd gathered outside the local butcher's shop.

When I looked a bit closer I noticed a young male lying down on the footpath. My thoughts were he has probably had some kind of a drop seizure and was just resting.

So I parked my car up home and wandered down to the scene (because I'm a nosey fucker).

Anyway I got talking to a couple of people who were standing by and witnessed what had happened. They swore that the individual lying on the ground had been walking up the street (on the footpath) with a friend, he noticed a car reversing into a parking space and then ran shoulder first into the back of the car. He then fell back onto the footpath and started shaking like he was having a seizure. He stayed put on the ground and didn't budge and people were fearful of moving him.

As I got closer to the guy lying motionless on the ground I recognised who he was. I knew him as a petty drug dealer and an out and out scum bag. I leaned down next to his ear and told him to get the f**k up and that he wasn't fooling anyone. I told him that he was the thickest ****er I have ever met because just over where he lay was a CCTV camera and another one directly across the street.

The Gards arrived and I headed away. The last I heard was he was lifted onto a stretcher and taken away in an ambulance. Man I hate scumbags. What do you reckon might come of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Makes me want to get a dash-cam. Stupid behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

I honestly don't think you said those things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I leaned down next to his ear and told him to get the f**k up and that he wasn't fooling anyone.

SNAP.
    I think that's what Bill Murray whispered to Scarlett Johansson at the end of "Lost in Translation".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Bull**** *cough* *cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

he will be taken to A&E, get a pain in his hole waiting and wander off, go mug someone then go score some gear and head off and shoot up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

If there really is CTV - he's not going to get anything - except maybe a day in court for attempted fraud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Gards arrived and I headed away. The last I heard was he was lifted onto a stretcher and taken away in an ambulance. Man I hate scumbags. What do you reckon might come of this?
    Insurance scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I also told him that he was ruining his lovely tracksuit by lying on the ground. ;)

No I honestly did, I know him since he was a pup so I can get away with saying those things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭cml387

As the title of the post says, he was just a weary pedestrian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What do you reckon might come of this?

I dunno.. put in a claim for compo, go on holiday to the Bordeaux region of France, meet a nice but aloof girl who will set him on the right path and they'll live happily ever after on a small plot of land that her father has given to them.

How the fcuk are we supposed to know what will come of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

As I got closer to the guy lying motionless on the ground I recognised who he was. I knew him as a petty drug dealer and an out and out scum bag. I leaned down next to his ear and told him to get the f**k up and that he wasn't fooling anyone. I told him that he was the thickest ****er I have ever met because just over where he lay was a CCTV camera and another one directly across the street.

The Gards arrived and I headed away. The last I heard was he was lifted onto a stretcher and taken away in an ambulance.

Was it at this stage you woke up?

I dunno.. put in a claim for compo, go on holiday to the Bordeaux region of France, meet a nice but aloof girl who will set him on the right path and they'll live happily ever after on a small plot of land that her father has given to them.

How the fcuk are we supposed to know what will come of it?

Legally speaking, Earl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Did the driver stop? I'm assuming the driver knew it was a scam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

If there are witness and cctv that say he ran at the car then I assume he'll be liable for all costs from ambulance to solicitors and whatnot wont he ? And if he's a waster he'll probably do time for not being able to pay it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭cml387

Oh, title change. I don't know what to think now.

I also told him that he was ruining his lovely tracksuit by lying on the ground. ;)

No I honestly did, I know him since he was a pup so I can get away with saying those things.
    I know scumbags too & there isn't a hope in hell I'd lean down to whisper that in their ear.
    Seriously if you're going to make stuff up at least make it believable.

Striped Socks reminds me of somebody...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Jesus it'd be more believable if you said you met a local drug dealer, talked him out of a potential insurance scam and subsequently offered to piss in his mouth for loose change.

Striped Socks reminds me of somebody...
    Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Yeah, Yeah, likely story.

If you did whisper in his ear that the game was up and cctv had it all recorded, your story would be more believable if you then said........

"he got up quick smart and ran off"

• Advertisement

Another user called Honda Sam. Uncanny. It's a coincidence though, I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Legally speaking, Earl.

Well, if as you say; there was CCTV cameras on the street, and witnesses that saw what happened, then not very much would be my guess.

Alas, he'll never get to meet his kindhearted would-be French wife... and will go down a completely different and more destructive path altogether =(

I implore both the judge and jury to take these potential implications into account.

I rest my case

I know scumbags too & there isn't a hope in hell I'd lean down to whisper that in their ear.

The guy isn't dangerous, just a parasite. I know him well enough to take the piss out of him and his mates will laugh at him.

Have you any contribution to make regarding what will happen the guy. As another poster added that he will get fined for wasting Gardaí and ambulance resources and he probably won't be able to pay resulting in him having to do some jail time. I was just looking for some info if anyone had any similar experience with this type of incident and what the results were.

I will bump into him during the week and I'd like to state the facts to him in order for him to drop his charge if he has already made one. I'd love to see him do time for something like this but I do feel for the driver so the sooner this thing is over the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

OP I'm assuming you'll come forward as a witness against said scumbag. Otherwise your whinging will be just another cog in our glorious compo culture.

The guy isn't dangerous, just a parasite. I know him well enough to take the piss out of him and his mates will laugh at him.

Have you any contribution to make regarding what will happen the guy. As another poster added that he will get fined for wasting Gardaí and ambulance resources and he probably won't be able to pay resulting in him having to do some jail time. I was just looking for some info if anyone had any similar experience with this type of incident and what the results were.

I will bump into him during the week and I'd like to state the facts to him in order for him to drop his charge if he has already made one. I'd love to see him do time for something like this but I do feel for the driver so the sooner this thing is over the better.
    Probably get a caution for wasting time. In the unlikely event he is charged with anything then his unsettled & difficult upbringing will be mentioned, take into account his drink/ drug abuse & sure he's away scot free without a fine because he hasn't the means to pay it.
    The usual story heard in most courts every week.
    When you do get talking to him tell him I was asking after him.

Another user called Honda Sam. Uncanny. It's a coincidence though, I'm sure.
    I thought you were going to mention some celebrity or something.
    Sorry to disappoint but I don't have another alias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

charlemont wrote: »
    No good if he runs into the back of you! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

What is the point of this thread?

What is the point of this thread?
    Pappy is very brave & witty.

• Advertisement

So Girl in the Striped Socks can show off her mad sarcasm skills.

So Girl in the Striped Socks can show off her mad sarcasm skills.
    Hey the last post was serious.
    As I said already I wouldn't do it. I'd think of it about four hours later & play it out in my head but there's no way I'd be quick enough to think of it while he's on the ground. And I'm a wuss.

Hey the last post was serious.
    As I said already I wouldn't do it. I'd think of it about four hours later & play it out in my head but there's no way I'd be quick enough to think of it while he's on the ground. And I'm a wuss.

Fair enough. I'm no-where near being a brave, tough guy but one thing I do possess is being able to speak up for myself or calling up someone who's being an asshole. I very much doubt I'd do it in a big town or city but in a village where I know everybody, I'm not afraid to do so.

Last week I gave out to a teenage girl for spitting on the street as she was walking towards me....that's pretty bad ass alright :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Pity facekicker didnt happen on the scene, he'd have had it sorted in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Fair enough. I'm no-where near being a brave, tough guy but one thing I do possess is being able to speak up for myself or calling up someone who's being an asshole. I very much doubt I'd do it in a big town or city but in a village where I know everybody, I'm not afraid to do so.

Last week I gave out to a teenage girl for spitting on the street as she was walking towards me....that's pretty bad ass alright :cool:

The city folk dont understand if you come from a town or village,chances are you'll have known said scumbag since he was small.
    I've called them out on things too, Im not afraid of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

charlemont wrote: »

The car was reversing, so you'd need two dash-cams, one rear-facing too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Where would you get a dash-cam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

No good if he runs into the back of you! lol

Ah sure I don't be thinking of these things..:cool:

Advertisement