Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for the title of a book

Options
  • 02-08-2012 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

I bought/read a book about 6 years ago and for the life of me I can't remember the title or the author's name. As far as I can remember daisy could have been part of the title!

It was a fiction novel set in Ireland in the 50's. There was a boy in it living in an orphanage and could have been set to be sent to Australia. There was also a character in the book known as a "black jew".......
    Some of it was set in Spain and to do with the Religious Orders back then in Ireland.

Anyone have any idea? Any help would be great, I can't for the life of me remember and I lent the book to someone who didn't return it so I don't even have it anymore!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Bit of googling: Dandelion Soup?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

You are amazing thank you! I've been googling all day and couldn't find it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

I am looking for one

It is a child's book fiction
    Based on O'Sullivan's beara march from cork in 1602
    from the perspective of two children on march
    I read it years ago(10-15) and cannot find it now looking for another copy.
    but cannot recall name I think it was "the long march" but google turns up nothing. It had a bare tree in snow on cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BlueValkyrie

I am looking for one

It is a child's book fiction
    Based on O'Sullivan's beara march from cork in 1602
    from the perspective of two children on march
    I read it years ago(10-15) and cannot find it now looking for another copy.
    but cannot recall name I think it was "the long march" but google turns up nothing. It had a bare tree in snow on cover.

It is indeed 'The Long March' by Michael Mullen http://irishwriter.net/works.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

It is indeed 'The Long March' by Michael Mullen http://irishwriter.net/works.htm

Ya that's it thanks
    I spent ages looking for that on net!!
    I was convinced I remembered the wrong book title.

nice one

p.s.
    the author has the same name as current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff USA Admiral Michael Mullen LOL

• Advertisement
Advertisement