Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Eircom 2247NWG-VGxrouter firmware upgrade now wireless is down

Options
  • 02-08-2012 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've just changed over to Eircom for 8 mb NGB and speed was less that previous 3 mB speed. So going through the Eircom support page, it recommends upgrading firmware to latest version. Here is the page:

http://support.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-B...=obj%289202%29

So I did so and upgrade was successful. Except now my wireless is down. mad.gif

I've going through the upgrade process several times, downloaded upgrade file again in case it was corrupt, disabled & re-enabled wireless via Firefox and reset modem both via software & switch at back. But still on 192.168.1.254 (using firefox) is states Wireless down.

Router works fine with ethernet connection though.

I'm pulling my hair out! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

rofno1 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I've just changed over to Eircom for 8 mb NGB and speed was less that previous 3 mB speed. So going through the Eircom support page, it recommends upgrading firmware to latest version. Here is the page:

http://support.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-B...=obj%289202%29

So I did so and upgrade was successful. Except now my wireless is down. mad.gif

I've going through the upgrade process several times, downloaded upgrade file again in case it was corrupt, disabled & re-enabled wireless via Firefox and reset modem both via software & switch at back. But still on 192.168.1.254 (using firefox) is states Wireless down.

Router works fine with ethernet connection though.

I'm pulling my hair out! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hi rofno1,

Thanks for your post. From what you say, after resetting the modem, the web interface is still showing wireless is down. It's possible the firmware may have changed this, though a hard reset should have changed this back to wireless on /or operational by default.

The firmware upgrade would not upload if it wasn't the correct version in the first place, so it's likely the modem or software itself is corrupted.

The only suggestion I have is that wireless on the modem is gone and you will need to replace the modem.

Before you call into Broadband Support to arrange a replacement modem, take a look first at the following Support links on our Community Forum, just in case :

1) Resetting the eircom Modem

2) Improve your wireless setup

3) Replacement Modem Options

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 8am - 10pm (7 days).

Please retain your case id (reference) from Technical Support, as this will help if you need to follow this up.

Let me know if you need further advice.

Best Regards,
    Ant

Advertisement