Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Taker retire?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Taker vs Ryback/Lesnar vs HHH II jeez wwe must want me to just keep my money at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

Sting/Taker would be a fanboy dream match, but it'd be hard to legitimately end Taker's streak and career with a loss to Sting. It would undermine Taker, I think, to hand Sting that win. It would be a dream feud, but a cruel way to end the Deadman's career, second to the man I always felt he was that bit better than.

I don't think Lesnar would be a good choice either though. In all seriousness Lesnar would demolish Taker at this point, it wouldn't be a believable sell.

Cena makes some sense, but I hope it's not, for selfish reasons. Don't fancy seeing SuperCena back.

I seen Austin's name being thrown around, that would be great in my opinion. They had a great rivalry back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Even if Sting Taker did happen there's no way that he'd end the streak. McMahon would never put a WCW guy over against one of his biggest ever attractions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

DHYNZY wrote: »
    I seen Austin's name being thrown around, that would be great in my opinion. They had a great rivalry back in the day.

I'd love to see Austin return in any respect, but due to his lasting neck injury, im not sure that match would be very good as the number of moves they could perform would be very limited, and its unlikely even the tombstone could be used on Austin.

Austin vs Punk would make more sense at this point imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Even if Sting Taker did happen there's no way that he'd end the streak. McMahon would never put a WCW guy over against one of his biggest ever attractions.

Personally I have given up on seeing the streak end. I'm mostly apathetic to Taker's WM matches now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭Degag

there is speculation that Undertaker might not work the show this year. Obviously, that would signal the end of the streak.

Fail to see how it would end the streak. He's missed Wrestlemania in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Degag wrote: »
    Fail to see how it would end the streak. He's missed Wrestlemania in the past.

I thought that also, but then thought maybe it meant the end of the streak as a thing. If he doesnt wrestle this year he probably wont be wrestling the year after. That sort of thing.

If thats what it meant, it was very badly worded.

Advertisement