Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting the most from a few acres

• 02-08-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Lads i'm looking for advice on a few acres of land i'm getting the use of next year.

As i say its only a few,maybe 4-5,but with my experience i think its the perfect size for me.

I've been reading the posts of late on farming conditions(don't want to get into that) and of the older ones on how to reclaim unused land that has been idol and completely become over grown with rushes.

The land in question is a heavy soil,close to bogland(some of which i hope to take back of the rushes if this goes well first).

The fileds didnt have fertilizer spread on them last year,one was only used for grazing,the other was baled,anyways,the rushes are spread out through the fields like a light carpet.

My questions are,

How to deal with the rushes-as in when to spray-what to spray,would it require as heavy a sray as an overgrown field

What fertilizer to spread and when.

Thanks in advance for you're help,i probably have a lot more questions so i hope ye dont mind!

PS I was hoping to bale them next year.

Advertisement