Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you eat food in bed?

• 02-08-2012 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I would eat plenty of food in bed. I go to bed early enough and could get up twice to bring food back to bed.

I remember a friend telling me he keeps biscuits and chocolate beside the bed and wakes up in the middle of the night and eats some.

Is it the habit of a glutenous fatso or is it fairly normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

I have been known to feast on cock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

You weirdo. One should only dine at the table........I do hoe you have a bedside table :)

Only time I eat in bed is when it's on my woman. And I haven't eaten in bed in years. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

woodoo wrote: »
    Is it the habit of a glutenous fatso or is it fairly normal?

Definitely the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Nope never. A single crumb or food stain on my bed would drive me mad. At my desk only!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Supersiderman

I eat anything in the ole cot. I have one of those little hand hoovers if a spill a crumb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Breakfast twice most weekends.
    We take a turn each bringing it up.

I knew of an elderly couple who would go to bed around nine o clock, they would bring a flask of tea and a few sandwiches for a late night snack.

i certainly wouldnt keep food by my bed but i do eat in bed with the laptop yea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the odd fish supper and some kippers for breakfast occasionally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

The sheets get full of crumbs if you eat in bed, trying to sleep on a bed of crumbs aint my thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Eat the odd bit of muff from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Kurz wrote: »
    Definitely the first one.

I'm not over weight though. But i'm lucky i don't put on weight easily. I just find i get hungrier in the evenings night and i wouldn't get to sleep with a hungry stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Oh yeah, I always keep bottles of water and some snacks beside my bed in case I get hungry during the night.

I love my high metabolism :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I enjoy the occasional cream pie before I go to sleep.

bbam wrote: »
    I knew of an elderly couple who would go to bed around nine o clock, they would bring a flask of tea and a few sandwiches for a late night snack.

I like the sound of that. A picnic in bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

Love to eat a bit of crumpet. :pac:

I have been known to feast on cock.

Good woman yourself. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

Were they from Tipperary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

woodoo wrote: »
    I like the sound of that. A picnic in bed.

I bet the husband pitched a tent under there as well. :D

Love a dirty ole kebab in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

NO eating in bed. Crumbs in bed are my sworn enemy.

• Advertisement

Confab wrote: »

Toast ceumbs in the wrong place are just torture :(

Confab wrote: »

Toast crumbs in the wrong place are just torture :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

No, not at all

*stares over at two empty beer bottles and a plate full of crumbs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

years ago when i was on the piss i used to take an indian complete with naan bread to bed, id wake up and finish it as well. if there was any left over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Crumbs in bed doesnt bother me. I can sleep with anything in my bed so yeah i eat in bed!

Not meals now or anything, just snacks or whatever. Maybe some cereal actually.

My computer is in my room so I eat at that or on my bed when I read.

I havent used my dining room table once since I moved in. :o

Sure what about the crumbs, sure the mice will eat them, can't let them go hungry. All God's creatures.

I never got the whole breakfast in bed thing. Pain in the hole really, all awkward and all.
    I'd have a cup of tea that'd be it.

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Maybe some cereal actually.

Good call i must go down and get a bowl of cornflakes.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Yes I eat a bowl of popcorn and pack of sweets watching a movie with a pair of 3D glasses on while lying naked in bed with my socks around my arms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Maybe I'm just a bit odd tonight, but this is the most romantic thing I've heard in ages. A wee midnight picnic all tucked up in bed? awwww :o

Sauve wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just a bit odd tonight, but this is the most romantic thing I've heard in ages. A wee midnight picnic all tucked up in bed? awwww :o

Loses its romance when Mary asks Paddy to pass her her teeth!

Crumbs in bed doesnt bother me. I can sleep with anything in my bed so yeah i eat in bed!

Not meals now or anything, just snacks or whatever. Maybe some cereal actually.

My computer is in my room so I eat at that or on my bed when I read.

I havent used my dining room table once since I moved in. :o

Sounds like there would be a lot of eating out taking place in your room syndey lol

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

I never got the whole breakfast in bed thing. Pain in the hole really, all awkward and all.
    I'd have a cup of tea that'd be it.
    I wouldn't even have tea in bed, even if I was crippled from illness.
    I have a thing about drinking my tea in the sun room reading the papers. Having it in bed would just ruin the whole thing.

Sounds like there would be a lot of eating out taking place in your room syndey lol

:D The way it should be!!!

Yes I eat a bowl of popcorn and pack of sweets watching a movie with a pair of 3D glasses on while lying naked in bed with my socks around my arms

Sock around your arms? where do you live Siberia ? :)) or is this some Shades of grey ****??:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Never, ever eat in bed, the only time I'd drink in bed is the ould orange lucozade when hungover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Yup, regularly but I HATE being woken up to breakfast in bed. I need to be fully awake to eat in bed, so that no gross spillages occur. :( Oh lordie, that sounded filthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

After a night out I've been known to bring a snack box to bed. Took me nearly an hour one night to eat it. No idea why I did it. Kept putting the bones back into the bag and then taking them out again. After a while I had the bright idea to throw the bones on the floor to avoid any further confusion. Worked like a charm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I would be another who isn't a fan of breakfast in bed, find it uncomfortable eating there. People eat at tables for a reason.

After a night out I've been known to bring a snack box to bed. Took me nearly an hour one night to eat it. No idea why I did it. Kept putting the bones back into the bag and then taking them out again. After a while I had the bright idea to throw the bones on the floor to avoid any further confusion. Worked like a charm.

Id say that was the only place you threw a bone that night :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Decent enough effort. I'll give it 7/10.

Id say that was the only box you snacked on that night....

Thats a 4/10 at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

When I was pregnant only, as I'd have keeled over or gagged on the toothbrush if I hadn't nibbled before getting up..otherwise I wouldn't be able to stand crumbs or food in the bed. Husband tried a couple of times to bring me breakfast in bed just after the baby, and was met with scaldy eye and get that the f*** back into the kitchen :( not nice from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I don't eat in bed. Too unhygienic. Also i don't eat before I go to bed . Bad digestion.

Sauve wrote: »

Loses its romance when Mary asks Paddy to pass her her teeth!
    Haha

Jake1 wrote: »

Sock around your arms? where do you live Siberia ? :)) or is this some Shades of grey ****??:D
    Hopefully not the second one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Q:What has a woman and KFC got in common?

A: When you have finished with the breast and thighs you have a greasy box to pop your bone in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I only eat at a fully set dinner table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

If I want to eat in bed I have to be prepared to be eyeballed by two jack russells who will whine, lick their lips, do 'cute' tricks and generally make the whole experience a nightmare.:mad:

It's really not worth it. :(

At least when I am sitting at the table they can't directly eyeball me...well, not until they work out how to pull the chairs out anyway....:eek:

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    I don't eat in bed. Too unhygienic. Also i don't eat before I go to bed . Bad digestion.

I hope you eat at other times or Starvation

• Advertisement
Advertisement