Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old sky box with no card

Options
  • 02-08-2012 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

I have sky+ but I have an old sky box in the attic with no card and I want to use it in another room so I can get Freesat. If I connect it to the sky dish, how do I get the free channels on the old sky box with no card???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

You can't spit the satellite cable you need to eider loop you current sky bo or get a LNB with two connections, thats if your already using the satellite if not fire away.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

stevek93 wrote: »
    You can't spit the satellite cable you need to eider loop you current sky bo or get a LNB with two connections, thats if your already using the satellite if not fire away.

So basicly just plug the box into the dish? Any idea what free channels I get without the freesat card?

shaneb92 wrote: »
    So basicly just plug the box into the dish? Any idea what free channels I get without the freesat card?

Yep its that simple, not sure if you will pick up all of the freesat on the sky box. If you want the olympic channels you will need to do a scan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_channels_on_Freesat

• Registered Users Posts: 1 john hanton

can i get the old sky boy

can i get the old sky boy

I think you mean box? Can pick one up on Adverts for dirt cheap.

Oh and welcome to boards :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement